cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a specific phone number on a new account

jhavard81
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am looking to start a new account and I want a specific phone number I have used in the past through public mobile. I have called the number and it says it is not in service. How would I go about doing this? Do I need a sim sent to me first, i have created an account just dont want to start a service if this is not possible. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

@jhavard81   In that case send customer service a private message using the link @hTideGnow gave you earlier.  An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right or if no envelope then tap your avatar for Messages.

jhavard81

It has been a year since i used it last, the issue is i want a new account with that number now and i am trying to facilitate this request. I have called everywhere today and rogers says it is not in there sysrtem and showing telus, i called telus and they say public mobile should still have it. 

Raj12

It may take few months before the deactivated number is back in the circulation. Some times it's about 3months.

@jhavard81  If it was a year ago and the number was originally from Rogers chances are it was returned to Rogers by now.

jhavard81

How would I go about finding if I am able to aquire his phone number ? I had previously ported it over from rogers to public mobile years ago. I then had issues logging into my public mobile account about a year ago so i let the account go defunct and i started with a new provider and a new number. I need this number due to it being tied to so many old accounts unrelated to public mobile an them all having 2 factor tied to the phone number. it has caused me so many issues I now will do anything to get this number back.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @jhavard81 

there is a chance you can get back the number.  if you own that number before and got it through PM, and lost the number not long again, check with CS agent.  We know they can help.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jhavard81 

There really is no way to get that number. You get the number you get when you sign up. However, with that being said, you can port numbers over to PM that you like. For example, I used Fongo and TextNow to find a number I really liked. An easy one. Then I just ported it over at no charge.

@jhavard81 wrote:

I am looking to start a new account and I want a specific phone number I have used in the past through public mobile. I have called the number and it says it is not in service. How would I go about doing this? Do I need a sim sent to me first, i have created an account just dont want to start a service if this is not possible. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

Unfortunately, the number not being in service is no guarantee that it's available.  If someone has recently been using the phone number, carriers are not allowed to immediately re-assign it to somebody else.

Need Help? Let's chat.