cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GB usage

charette8596
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On my account page it says l have used .24 GB of my allotted 20 GB but on my phone it says l have used 2.7 GB.  So which one is correct and why the 2 different figures?

10 REPLIES 10

@charette8596 wrote:

No.  I reset my usage to zero when I joined PM which was on December 19th, 2022.

@charette8596   did you login My Account again Using Incognito mode?

if you download the full usage in XLS file in the usage page, then use Excel to filter the data usage and sum it up, how much it shows?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The main page of the account will be the real number. Your phone might include the amount of data used for real MMS (not imessage pics) but that doesn't get counted for consumption.

So follow the suggestions to make sure the main page is updated. The top browser refresh button doesn't do it. The lower ones do and often private mode.

@Meow- The main page is almost immediate after clicking the refresh icon underneath. The usage details are delayed.

charette8596

No.  I reset my usage to zero when I joined PM which was on December 19th, 2022.

charette8596

No.  It's an Iphone 8.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@charette8596 , if you are using an android device, you can download this app which was designed specifically to track data on a Public Mobile 30 day plan.  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_GB&gl=US

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@charette8596   one more thing, on your phone it said 2.7GB, make sure you aware PM is running on 30 days cycle (not monthly), while the default phone counter is on monthly cycle.  PM cycle start date will keep changing, so, your the cycle start date on your phone (Start billing cycle on day) needs to be updated contantly to match PM cycle start date

E-MobileData.png

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM site is the most accurate. Mind you, it updates 2x a day only. To get most accurate status:

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

@charette8596 

The number shown in your Self Serve account is official.  The Self Serve website could still be displaying old cached information or your phone's data counter might have a different start date set.

Tonya-Ann_Khloe

When you go on your account page, there’s a little refresh button at the end that looks like a spinning arrow, press that and I’d say it will show the correct amount of data usage. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@charette8596   first, the page have some cache issue, you could be reading old cahced page.  Please login My Account again using Incognito mode to get the latest update

Also, the data usage show in the main page is usually must updated.  

for the detailed data usage on Usage page, it only update twice a day, so, the usage there is usually lagged by 12 hours. 

So, always using Incognito mode, and remember the data usage on main overview page is more up to date

Need Help? Let's chat.