cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrations after being double billed

jasgod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to let everyone know what is happening with my double billing issue so you know what to expect if it happens to you.

In May I got a text stating my Autopay failed and my service was cut off.  This was a pain to get Internet and then pay for the service and get things going again.  My June credit card statement then showed a double bill for that month.  I contacted the moderators and provided them with the required information.  They said I would receive my refund on my credit card within 2-3 working weeks.  I left that amount off my credit card but they never refunded me at all which triggered an interest charge.  I then contacted the moderators again and all they say is sorry the ticket is still open with no timeline for resolution.  They still have tickets open from May.  I have since filed a complaint with CTTS and opened a dispute with my credit card.  This is extremely poor service.

jasgod

5 REPLIES 5

jasgod

I just wanted to provide an update for anyone in this situation.  I was contacted by a person from Koodo regarding the CTTS complaint.  He was very professional and curious on the phone.  He was unable to provide the refund but did state it was on the way once I provided the case number.  He said the billing Dept was way behind and could not do anything about it. He did provide a very generous credit to my account for the interest and troubles.  I have not recieved the credit card refund. However it may be because the credit card charge back was not disputed by PM as I have so far recieved a refund from my credit card company without providing more information to them.  

terminator101ca

I'm going through that as well, except I wasn't double billed but just charged erroneously 78$ just 10 days after the auto payment for my plan had already gone through.

I hope they don't drag their feet on fixing this...

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i wonder why is "there no timeline for resolution" ?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jasgod

Wow, ya that's definitely a headache, it's now late July and still not resolved, which to me doesn't make sense.  If they can see the double billing then what's there to investigate.  Provide the appropriate refund and get the case closed.  If you've sent them screenshots of your credit card statement showing the withdrawals then that should be sufficient evidence.  You should demand some additional credits for the hassle and a few dollars for the additional interest charges since it is their error.  I doubt they'd give you credits for the hassle, but at least for the interest incurred, that's only fair.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jasgod, sorry to hear about the difficulties and slow progress on resolution.  At this point, you have probably done all that you can do.  Only thing is to do is let the ongoing activities take effect.  Small consolation unfortunately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.