cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Situation - Can't make/receive local calls

mkwc12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a very frustration situation that has been going on for the last 3/4 weeks.  I have private message and talked to a few moderators (who are supposedly tech support agents?) but they are still unable too help me resolve this issue successfully and/or are very slow too reply with anything helpful at the moment.

Now the situation is that I am unable to make/receive any local calls on my phone.  My data service is working.  However, this was only achieved after numerous conversations back and forth with support agents and all they managed to do was add a data add-on to my existing plan (which was the new promo for $40 4gb LTE unlimited calling/text in canada (I am in B.C). I am not sure why they would need too add a data package when the plan I selected already has the 4bg data included.  Seems like their trying too band-aid the problem without really looking into my account and troubleshoot it correctly.  

I have been using public mobile with no problems for at least 1 year up until this issue recently came up.  

I have done all the troubleshooting on my end ie:

- Check the APN

- Hard reset / power cycle phone numerous times

- Tried my sim in a different unlocked working android smartphone (moto g4) and still having the same problems.

- I know for a fact that the current phone (moto g5 plus unlocked) works with calling and data services on public mobile because I have been using it for the last year or so.

The reference support that they gave me for the support is the following one : 0000013773070

If there are any qualified moderators that can help be troubleshoot, please help.

I feel like I've come to the end of the road here with public mobile, especially with this non-existent service for the past 3 weeks.  If anyone can suggest a suitable carrier ie. koodo, chatr that they have experience with and can recommend, please post your input as well.

I am posting this publicly because I am sure there are others out there with similar issues.

Giving this community and public mobile one last shot before I make the switch.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

mkwc12

I checked my accounts online including bank statements and every seems to be fine.  

mkwc12

Tried multiple phones, same problem.  

Tried eraser method, same problem.

I'm not sure if the sim card is the problem, because when i try to make a call it says "i don't have a long distance plan" But the call I am making is a local call with local numbers.  

mkwc12

1. There is a voice plan

2. Already checked with multiple phones, same problem

wtengi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would suggest the following,

1. Check your plan make sure there is voice plan(not data only).

2 remove the sim and put it on another unlock phone see if it work.

3. if 2 work, try reset your phone to factory

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It could be the radio in your phone. Have you put the sim in another phone ?

or try removing sim and wipe with pencil eraser. Or get a new sim

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

check and see if your payment for your phone plan has gone through not only the addon

you might be surprised . check that your credit card has been charged .

my account might show different things every time you log in.

speaking from experience.

good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mkwc12, if you are working with the moderators, there is little that can be done discussing the issue here.  The public forum is for dealing with non account issues.  I hope things are straightened out soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.