cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile Promo question

timdau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently a freedom mobile customer.

Here is the plan I am looking for:

90 day, Canada-Wide and US Calling, Global TXT, 4G/month

Can I get that with the promo that public is currently offering for customers who switch from freedom?

Basically, I want the plan in the promo, but I also want US calling.

6 REPLIES 6

spaceman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't think too much about it. Like others have suggested, get another app. After switching over, I use Vonage extension, you can use google hangouts to call outside the province and US.

You will be so happy you switched. Sometimes, the amount of dropped calls drops on FM. Or receiving a text message of missed calls hours later. It makes you want to smash your phone. Its a slow death.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@PhilAtYVR not with Hangouts Dialer. You can verify your public mobile number and then have it send that number as outbound caller ID.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PhilAtYVR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would suggest getting the FM migration promotion plan and then get an free app (such as Google Hangouts) for US calling.  Public Mobile data speed is much faster than FM and VOIP call shouldn't be a problem.  The only issue is that you will have another phone number when you call someone.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 great explanation!  Good to have you back in full force.  🙂

@timdau unfortunately no subsitutions or upgrades on the promo plans here.  Trust me, people have been begging for a Canada-wide talk plan promo for as long as I can remember (basically, the year and a half or so I've been here in the community).  I'm sure we'll see it one day, so if using long distance add-ons (or data-based solutions such as VoIP apps, WhatsApp calling, Slack calling, Skype calling, etc) won't do it for you, then I would suggest you keep waiting.  Eventually I think they will offer a promo plan that includes Canada-wide, but this is just speculation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@timdau wrote:

I am currently a freedom mobile customer.

Here is the plan I am looking for:

90 day, Canada-Wide and US Calling, Global TXT, 4G/month

Can I get that with the promo that public is currently offering for customers who switch from freedom?

Basically, I want the plan in the promo, but I also want US calling.

No, you cannot. For US calling you would need to purchase either long distance add-on; or revert to a calling service such as CiCi Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@timdau, sorry but that plan is not available for the promo.  The promo is Province wide calling, global texting and 12GB data over 90 days for $120.  To get Canada wide calling you would then not be eligible for this promo.  You can get a Long distance addon for $8 which includes 200 minutes of North American calling or for $15 it is International calling wihich is NA and 18 other countries.  To have service while travelling into the US you would need to purchase a US addon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.