cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free SIM not delivered

I22y
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So when you join Public Mobile based on the agreement that they will ship a SIM card for free and then don't deliver the SIM card, what is one supposed to do? Send a private message to CS_Agent? Yes, did that only for the agent to send me a link to the Service Terms saying "There are no refunds for SIM non-delivered". The thing is, the term "SIM" is not even mentioned in the Service Terms. I guess if you consider the SIM card part of the service and they don't deliver the service, they can still keep your money.

When I joined, I received an email saying Expected Delivery date was Jun 19 and the status as "Processing".  That page still shows the same info. We are now July 19.

Is Public Mobile a scam or what? Can I file a CRTC complaint?

10 REPLIES 10

I22y

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully the private message system allows pasting an image of the Telus kiosk receipt. I will push for the $10 refund and escalate if I don’t get anywhere.

I22y

It was ordered Jun 10 with the portal message saying Expected Delivery date of Jun 19. It’s way past 3 weeks.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@I22y 

When did you order the free SIM?

Members have reported that the SIM took up to 3 weeks to arrive. Normally it will take 10 business days/2 weeks.

The Telus Kiosk will not refund you. It's standard protocol with Public Mobile CS Agents to upon receipt of customers proof of purchase of a PM SIM card and purchase of a plan with said SIM card, agents are authorized to credit the members account the cost to purchase the SIM card minus taxes. I think you just got a bad agent who doesn't know better. Escalate it to a manager. 

I22y

Unfortunately they will not “gladly credit [my] account” because that’s all I was asking for, the $10 for the SIM that I bought because they never delivered my free SIM. If I ever receive the free SIM I’m hoping the Telus kiosk will take it and give me a refund.

I22y

Thanks. I asked the agent to resend the card and give me a new delivery date. We’ll see what happens.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @I22y 

EDITING MY ENTIRE POST because you left out vital information.

Listen to @will13am and contact a CS Agent again. They will gladly credit your account.

@I22y , I suggest you reach out to support again and have them resend the SIM card, escalate the case if needed.  

I22y

I did not seek to cancel the service. I did have to purchase a SIM card at a Telus kiosk after the date they promised delivery because I needed the service for a trip. So I suggested they reimburse me the $10 for the card. I’m ok if they resend a new card but the agent made no suggestion to resend a new one or find out what happened to the one still in „processing” for over a month and a half.

@I22y , the agent should have taken action to resend the SIM card unless you made overtures to seek a cancellation of service and a refund.  In that case, the terms are no refunds.  

Need Help? Let's chat.