cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found phone in Monarch Woods, Kitchener

georgev_kw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I found a phone in Monarch Woods in Kitchener on March 16th. All I can determine is that it's on the Public Mobile service. If this phone belongs to you, please send me identifying information (such as the IMEI number) and I will be happy to get it back to you.

I've already attempted to find the owner via the moderators but they are unable to help with this.

Thanks!

George

9 REPLIES 9

@georgev_kw wrote:

Thanks @will13am. I think the moderator team is unable to assist, not unwilling. I will probably take the phone to the police if these efforts don't pan out. But I'll give it another week or two.

Unwilling or unable can have a blurred line. It's certain that the moderators aren't allowed to give another member's information out. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're not allowed to contact the person for you and help co-ordinate something. Being a Public Mobile phone, the carrier surely knows who was using the phone, or at least the information that was provided for the account. IMEI usage is recoreded by the carrier. Whether a Public Moderator has access to this information remains to be seen, but someone within Telus does.

@georgev_kw wrote:

Thanks @will13am. I think the moderator team is unable to assist, not unwilling. I will probably take the phone to the police if these efforts don't pan out. But I'll give it another week or two.

If not already, you should contact the police station to inform them you have this phone in case the owner contacts the police looking for it. Also is there a social Facebook site in your area to post this found item.

georgev_kw

Great suggestion @Luddite ! I looked at the emergency contact info but it was not filled out. I don't want to post any information about the phone for fear of attracting imposters.

georgev_kw

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@georgev_kw , very nice of you to do this.  I wonder why the moderator team would not assist with contacting the other party.  They don't need to pass information to you who lost the phone.  They only need to be an intermediary to get the phone returned.  Perhaps take it to the nearest police station to see if they may be able to assist with lost and found items if you don't make any headway here.  

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@georgev_kw  The moderators can only know who used it if it's a Public customer. And while it's a Public customer, they can't tell you because of privacy rules.

@georgev_kw When it boots up next time you may be able to find a personal emergency number. Many phones will show an "ICE" number on the lock screen, or if you try to make a call.

More ideas here: https://www.popsci.com/return-lost-phone/

What is make of the phone? Someone here may have a better idea for that make.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

georgev_kw

Yes, it is locked. That's a great point - I had it on for the first few days but it probably ran out of battery. I'll keep it plugged in.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@georgev_kw 

Very kind of you trying to return it to the right owner. I'm sure the owner will be looking for it here soon 😁. World needs more people like you..👍

Cheers!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.