cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found a way to get the signals and PM service ON!!!!

ora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I activated my Sim card last night, I didn't had any signal's till now.

I have Iphone 4, luckily I went to Settings>Cellular> enabled Cellular Data and Enabled 3G. I got my signals and text message right away from PM.

I turn off the data and disable the 3G, My signals/service wwas gone.....

As long as I have my Cellular data & 3G service enabled, I have signals and service. I don't know why, but this is how it's working for me!!!!

So if anyone has issues with the service, please Enable Data & Enable 3G. this might works for you as well

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think this is a classic example that Public is not for everyone and I am not going to elaborate any further.

Glad that you figured out it's your phone's problem to begin with.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Seriously @ora lol

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

they are on the telus's lte network....but many companys run the voice calls via 3g but reserve the lte for data only....the next generation is called advanced lte ( aka lte+ ) ..but your phone would not support LTE anyways...it's too old for that ...i know, because my spare backup phone is a iphone 4s ...

so in your case 3G is the only option due to hardware restrictions of your phone ( not carrier problems ) ...and that means if you disable 3g poof goes your service

ASharpTM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Because you have an old phone that doesn't support LTE?

They can't give you LTE service if your phone doesn't even have the capability...

ora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe,

but I remembered on the promo, they mentioned something like "Canada's Largest LTE networks"

how come they can mention it, if they don't have it...!

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

i can tell you why: iphone 4/4s do not support lte .... thus 3g is the only option..having said that, PM voice comes via 3g ( they do not support voice over lte yet )..so if you turn off 3g, you also turned off voice...thus no more signal...

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.