cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to Renew Plan

hd4808
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Sir/Madam,

I forgot to renew my plan before the 90 day mark a couple of days ago and I was wondering if there was any way that I could keep my number.

17 REPLIES 17

@Yummy  They know that already, your too late. lol

@Anonymous wrote:

@hd4808 

go to your account and make a payment
and then will be back to working...

This is not correct advice.

As soon as account goes beyond 90 days of no payment, account is closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @computergeek541 

but  when i do reply to that post has no say 90 days ok and maybe the do  Edit Message, and i'm not see it the do Edit...

@Anonymous : As we've discussed, there's no requirement to say that one has done an edit. For us regulars here it's just common practice/courtesy. Pretty much the same with any forum. Non-regulars won't care about those matters. I highly doubt they edited their post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for both,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 wrote:

@hd4808 wrote:

It’s been 91 days, does that make a difference and help in any way?

To see if your account is closed try logging into self service. If you cannot it has been closed.

@hd4808 : This or try 611 with the SIM in. Or even 18554public.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Google Translate. See my edit above.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hd4808 wrote:

To see if your account is closed try logging into self service in case you miscounted. If you cannot it has been closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

but  when i do reply to that post has no say 90 days ok and maybe the do  Edit Message, and i'm not see it the do Edit...

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

but at OP that i see at for couple days not 90 days i don't how maybe the do Edit Message the OP.

The OP went pas the 90 days by a couple of days. Unfortunately, the account cannot be reopened and has been closed. Service cannot be simply resumed by making a payment. As to whether or not the phone number can be recoevered, that isn't guaranteed either.

hd4808
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : The OP said they went past the 90 days by a few days. The account is closed. There's nothing they can do but beg and plead for goodwill from the CSA's. Roll out your cut and paste contact the mods if you like.

Edit: run the OP through Google Translate and you might pick up the syntax of the sentence used. He said forgot before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

but at OP that i see at for couple days not 90 days i don't how maybe the do Edit Message the OP.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hd4808 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I forgot to renew my plan before the 90 day mark a couple of days ago and I was wondering if there was any way that I could keep my number.

If it has been more than 90 days since your renewal date your account would have been closed and number gone. You will need to buy a new SIM card and go through the activation process to open a new account with a new number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hd4808 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

@hd4808 

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hd4808 

As the account has already been closed, this is no longer an option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hd4808 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@hd4808   very likely not.. 

but i suggest you to open a ticket with PM Customer Support Agent now, earlier the better, and hope they can do something about it

To open a ticket with PM, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.