cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Phone Won't Work!

Den3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First of all I am not very techy! Purchased a flip phone from Public Mobile. Charged it and it says it is 100%.  I cannot get it to actually turn on.  I held the button on the side but nothing.  I put the sim card in and connected to PM with a plan etc. but nothing is happening.  My phone should come on so that I could use even the camera etc. right?  Can anybody give me a clue?  There was no manual with the phone by the way.  I did check on line but didn't get any clues.  Did I get a dud phone???

6 REPLIES 6

Of course, on flip phones the power on/off is the red/phone off key!  @Den3  I think you have your solution from walker1.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Den3 

FYI for that Flip Phone, the power button to turn the phone ON isn't on the side of the phone.

The power button to turn it ON is on the key pad when you Flip the phone open.

It's the RED button.  Hold it down until the phone starts up.   It's the Red button!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Den3   If you just got it and still within 30 days and still unable to get it working, don't way,  open a ticket with PM Support  and get the full refund.  You can get a refund first and buy a new one later.

But of course if it is over 30 days, you have no choice but just to ask for a repair

Since chatbot still have problem with CPO related tickets, please direct message PM CS Agent with your order number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Den3   The only flip phone I see PM selling right now is the ZTE Cymbal 2.  Try removing the battery (I'm assuming this phones has a removable battery) and reinsert.  That is one of the suggestions from PM's troubleshooting tips although not sure if it will help.  It's possible the battery is faulty and unable to hold a full charge, I've experienced a fully charged battery that will discharge itself in minutes in the past. 

Here's a link to some troubleshooting tips that PM suggests you try first:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/phone-troubleshooting-tips

If you're still within the 30 days timeline from time of purchase, then you can return or exchange it too.  You'll need to submit a ticket to customer support via chatbot for any returns or further troubleshooting options:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/IMCuWo

angie45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What type of phone is it? If the phone is displaying 100% it should be able to turn on, but happy to help once the model is forwarded

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Den3 

You might have to hold the power button down for 3 seconds.

What model of flip phone is it?

I will lookup the manual for you.

If that fails, there is a 30 day warranty for an exchange or refund. Just reach out to a CS_Agent by SIMon Chatbot and type create a ticket or private message them on this Community page.

Need Help? Let's chat.