cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed port

Rickwight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my phone and I can call out and receive text messages but can’t get incoming calls. My phone was disconnected from from previous provider when I ported the number over. Do I need to call my previous provider?

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rickwight 

If you ported successfully then your old SIM will not work. If it does then the porting is incomplete.

You need to leave the old SIM in your phone and wait for a text confirming you are porting over to PM with a 90 minute window to reply.

If you missed this step then you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rickwight wrote:

I ported my phone and I can call out and receive text messages but can’t get incoming calls. My phone was disconnected from from previous provider when I ported the number over. Do I need to call my previous provider?

@Rickwight   

So, you got the text from the previous provider? you replied yes within 90 mins? and now the sim from the previous provider is not working?

Try to reboot your phone with the PM SIM card and see how it goes, see if you can receive incoming call.  If it cannot, check if the incoming call goes to PM voicemail or the voicemail of your previous provider

if you need further confirmation with the porting status, call PM/Telus porting support team first and see what they say.    I will message you the phone number, Check the Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon.  Call them, they can provide update

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rickwight - I should have mentioned..if you did receive the text to approve the port on your old SIM card, make sure to restart your phone with the public mobile SIM card inside. Performing a reset of the network settings is not a bad idea either when changing providers.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rickwight hi did you leave your old sim in to receive transfer request did you reply yes to text is your old account still active?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rickwight your previous account should be active in order to port over to public mobile successfully (unless you were coming over from Telus or Koodo, there may be other allowances in these cases).

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Or, for you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

Need Help? Let's chat.