cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Activation, No Service and No Account

JesseK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hey everyone,

Yesterday (Nov.14) I tried to activate a new account - I entered my new Public Mobile SIM#, filled out the info to port my phone number over from WIND, and got through to the payment options.  I entered my MasterCard info and it wasn't able to be processed/authorized.  The page said to restart the activation and choose a different card/payment type.  Now when I try to do the activation it says my SIM is invalid and I can't get past the first page of the process.  

More urgently, I also now have no service on my phone with WIND and the SIM I was using with them, so I'm guessing my number ported over to Public Mobile anyway and now my account with WIND is suspended? I have no service to call WIND to find out, and am waiting on an email from them to hear if that is the case.

I sent a private message to @Shazia_K, but I know they are extremely busy.  I'm currently without any phone service though, so does anyone have any experience with this situation or advice on what to do?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

JesseK

Hey @Kuru, I did try the PM SIM in my phone, but I wasn't able to unlock it with the unlock code I got from WIND.  I'm not sure if that's purely on WIND's end or if it has something to do with failing the PM SIM activation before.  But my credit card didn't even get charged when originally trying to activate an account, so I'm not sure if getting the PM SIM in my phone would make a difference

yick76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I tried putting the sim in and i have already being charged but no service at all.  No voice, data, text and no access to my account.  

Kuru
Have you tried the Public Mobile sim card in your phone?
I had the same issues, tried the sim card in my phone after trying to reregister and getting the red box around the sim card area saying invalid sim.

yick76

@Mary_M@Shazia_K

Please help I have the same issue.  Can't login to account and no service at all.  I really need this account working because it's for my son, and I already cancelled his other cell plan and he needs it so I know if I need to pick him up during school days.

Thanks

Daniel

JesseK

@CaNuCk07, @SnipaJay, thanks for the replies.  I did include all that info in my private message to the mods.  In the mean-time I was hoping someone knew of a way to get out of the port/activation limbo, as waiting for potentially days for support while I have no phone is not great 😞

@vladster@jwen67  If you haven't already, i would also start your own thread and tag the moderators jsut to ensure you aren't lost in this thread.  But like i mentioend above, private messages are your bet option right now.

SnipaJay
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Based on several threads on the same issue; at this point we can only message the mods and wait for them to sort it out. @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O were the ones I messaged but there is a backlog so it may take a few days.  Hopefuly it'll get sorted out soon Man Happy

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@JesseK@vladster@jwen67  unforuntately this is only something the moderators can clear up, partial ports.  Just to make sure, that you all private messaged the moderators with all the required info from the below post?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

vladster

I'm having the same issue.

jwen67

Something here since saturday, credit card has been charged, but can't login and no service, what to do?

Need Help? Let's chat.