cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRUSTRATED - Regular Payment Went Through, Then I Upgraded, Now Paying Double for Three Weeks

dryates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone help me dig through this little issue?

My regular payment went through on October 23.

Today I got a text saying I could upgrade to a plan with 15GB of data at 4g rates. I thought, great! The next  message then said it would go into effect on the next billing cycle, or I could go online to activate it now. I went online and activated the new service.

Then I realized my mistake: there was no refund for the previous payment, and no prorated adjustment for the new overlapping payment. This means I am now paying double for three overlapping weeks of service.

Contacting customer service just led to a bunch of excuses: there is no actual customer support, just community support. This is a prepaid service, so I've now prepaid and that's just what I get. There is no prorated anything. No refunds.

I caught the mistake immediately and started a support ticket, and can't believe it seems fair to let the customer make such a mistake and pay twice for service. 

Never before have I been so frustrated with Public Mobile. I'm disappointed.

35 REPLIES 35

@dryates...

personally...if I was in your mucklucks, I'd insist your concern be escalated. Mistakes do happen and you picked it up right away...they should have some understanding of your plight. PM's website can be confusing / misleading.

Just don't be too teed off if your request for credit is rejected...but it's worth a try.

@dryates 

there are clear warnings everywhere on this website. all you have to do is read instead of clicking and assuming... either way there is no point in arguing or getting angry. wait for customer support to reply back to you. they will probably give you the credit back. 

dryates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have major issues with a system that allows this and doesn't fairly warn users that this could happen, at least the first time around. I now know for the future. I didn't know it would be an issue this time around, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. Saying I acted in haste is a handy way of blaming the customer/user rather than figuring out how the system could be improved to avoid such a thing.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's the unfortunate nature of acting in haste. Should have set it to start with your new cycle, rather than demanding it right now. That's how prepay works here unfortunately. Support may come through for you though, but they really don't have to.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@dryates hi you are on a prepaid plan and as you say there is no prorating if you renew early,that it why it is always suggested to change plan at next renewal date 

Need Help? Let's chat.