cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra minutes

Jerelo22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

i have the $10 plan and I used up my 50 minutes. I looked for an add-on for some extra minutes, but could not find. Is this available? Or do I just have to wait till the plan refills?

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bayviewalbert wrote:

If my minutes run out can I wait until my monthly renewal starts.

That's how it works.

Or you can buy the long distance add-ons.

Or you can change to an unlimited plan.

Or you can ask the moderators to do an early renewal for you.

Bayviewalbert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If my minutes run out can I wait until my monthly renewal starts.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304 hopefully someone can confirm either way.  I know they now allow changing plans on expired accounts. But from what I remember immideate plan changes to the same plan was still not possible.

I have no experience either way though. 

imm1304

Hey @mimmo,

Shawn confirmed that you can use the add-on when running out of minutes on the $10 plan.

Early renewal I thought can be done for current in-market plans.  For those of us on grandfathered plans can not do it as there is no option to keep that plan from our end.  

mimmo

@imm1304 are you sure on both counts?

I am 99.9 %, sure you can add 200 or 400 long distance minutes to the 10$ plan.

And I think only mods can do early renewals unless that has changed recently.  

@imm1304, you can use the long distance minutes when you have used up all your plan minutes with this limited minute plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304

Hi @Jerelo22!

As @ShawnC13 has corrected my previous comment, you can choose to either buy a talk add-on or renew early.  The talk add-on will not expire and will kick in when neede in future as well.

Best thing to do would be to renew your plan early.  Sign into selfserve and do it and you will have access immediately.  Let us know if you need help navigating the selfserve portal.

You can not use the long distance add-ons without a base talk plan.  In your case, since you have run out of talk minutes, the add-on will not restore calling feature.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can wait until your current plan renews if you want or you can restart a new plan immediately. If you need more talk, once you've renewed your plan you can get an add-on for 400 mnutes of international long distance talk for $15. Alternatively, you can get an add-on for 200 US and Canada minutes for $8. These minutes don't expire until you've used them up...long as you have an active account. Good deal, huh !

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes you can buy extra minutes yourself. You do not need the moderators. 

Login to you account.  In the bottom half of the overview page is Purchase add ons. You want to get either 200mins for $8 or 400mins for $15. These minutes do not expire until they are used up. Do NOT buy the US Roaming addon minutes. 

Need Help? Let's chat.