cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended account suspension

CPC26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to be going to a rehabilitation centre for six months, and I would like to keep my account. I will have no access to my phone, or any device that connects to the internet. I have been a customer for three almost four years now. 

7 REPLIES 7

@dust2dust  Honest,  yours is good too  🙂

@softech- I gave an option. You just gave an option. But I like mine. 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, I missed the part about OP not having access to internet in the 6 months

I guess OP has no option but to rely on a friend to help to reactivate that one time in the 85th day.  So, OP has to share the My Account access to a friend

Or another way is to port the number out to a VoIP provider like Fongo.  But this way, the PM account would be closed.   When OP comes back, if he choose to come back to PM , he would have to go with the new rewards system and would loss all his loyalty reward.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There's no extended suspension option. Autopay could fail without notice. With you not being able to access the internet or phone then I would suggest changing plans down to the $15 and then pre-depositing $60 so that the account will renew each month without needing the card and risking an autopay failure. Leave the card registered and autopay on and along with your loyalty that's at least $5 off each month guaranteed. You might have referrals but they can drop off.

Best wishes on your rehab.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CPC26   

You can only suspended the account for at most 90 days., bt since you are only going away for 6 months, all, you have to do is to activate your account once for 30 days during the 6 months period.

So, before you leave for the trip , you might want to change the plan to $15 plan to save the cost.  Then disable Pre-authorized payments

Make note of the first suspension date (the day of the cycle before you leave)

Come back around the 85th days and reactivate the plan for 30 days.  After you make the payment successfully and reactivate, logoff and reactivate to make sure you account status show Active

The account will then activate for 30 days and go back to suspension after.  if you are just going for 6 months, it should be enough. If not, repeat the 85 days trick again. 

DO NOT come back later than 85 days.  You want to give yourself enough time just in case something happen and you cannot reactivate successfully

JL9
Mayor / Maire

When is your next renewal date?

You have 90 days from then to reactivate. So you can change your plan to the 15 plan if you won't be using your phone. You could actually remove payment and card and let it go into suspended and in 80-85 days have someone on your behalf reactive with the 15 plan with a voucher or cc. Then once that 30 days runs out you can do it all over again, and you should be good to go when you are back after 6 months to reactivate with whichever plan you want. That way you won't lose your number/keep your account and do so for the cheapest possible cost.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@CPC26 

there 3 option,

1. pay for your plan befroe you go out canada and you have 30 day service and login go to your paymets and go to Manage Your Card and turn to Disabled and after 88 days login and do Enabled to you save your number. and go to reactivate your account to keep the services going.

2. if missed a payment? you have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

3. or if your plan is higher price then change plan to lower cost for $15 and also do as option #1.

Edit: but you say can't access to any device then keep money in your account amount at Available Fund to cover your plan,

Need Help? Let's chat.