cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing PM plan subscriber with new sim card/subscription

Simon23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As a current PM subscriber, I recently acquired a new PM SIM card with a fresh plan. I'm interested in understanding the steps required to retain my current phone# while transitioning to the new SIM card and plan.  Additionally, I inserted the new sim card in my phone and updated the sim # in the profile section of PM app, restarted my phone but its still showing my old subscription details. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

real_will1a3m
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech wrote:

I was trying to ask @real_will1a3m  but notice our friend @will13am  has a different spelling.. i was a bit confussed too.. was doing fact checking  🙂

Who is the fake?  I can't help if if every account requires a community account.  

real_will1a3m

.  🤔

I was trying to ask @real_will1a3m  but notice our friend @will13am  has a different spelling.. i was a bit confussed too.. was doing fact checking  🙂

real_will1a3m

@Simon23 , I think all you did was change the SIM card on your existing account.  Some members have been lucky enough to ask support to upgrade the plan on their existing account without having to activate a new one.  Since you already burned a SIM card, you might as well give it a try and ask support nicely.  Recognize that not every request is filled as it is a goodwill gesture to do so.   

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Simon23 

You can’t port your number within the same carrier.

If you want the old number, you need to pick a plan for existing members.

If you want a better new activation (new members) deals you will need to pick a new number.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Simon23 

I hope you didn't take the advise from some community member to just create a new plan and think that you can switch the number from old account to new.  

You cannot switch numbers between two accounts

you can try to submit ticket with agent and hope you have the luck, but likely not.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If they deny you that, your only way is to port out your old number on your old account to anther provider (of course another charge), then port back the number into your new account. 

Let us know how it goes

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Simon23  Sorry you can’t transfer number from one PM account to another PM account . You would have to port the original PM number out to new provider and port it back in in the newly created PM account 

Need Help? Let's chat.