cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessively Late Authentication Text Messages

BCott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile Service Agent:

While banking on-line yesterday and requesting identity authentication text messages be sent to me from each of two separate financial institutions, the messages failed to be received on my cell phone, so I asked that each respective text message be resent a few times, without success in each case. I was then amazed to receive a series of text messages with the authentication verification codes five hours after they had each been sent by each financial institution. This is outrageous telephone text service relating to important financial matters with each institution. Please explain the reason for this inefficient ineffective, and potentially costly service matter. Please provide assurances that any such Public Mobile delays in the receipt of any such authentication text messages will be rectified and will not occur again in future. I look forward to your reply. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BCott  - if you activated today, or recently (within the last few days) this could be the reason why you were not getting these messages.

Some short codes will not work right after a new SIM activation. I believe it could take days, up to a week to fully recognize your new account.

Now that you received them (although late), can you try another test and see if one comes in quicker now?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BCott   The delay could be from sender system or from PM

did you try to have someone to send you a regular text and see how fast/slow you got it?  If you got friend's text quickly, then it is a sender side issue

Also, in such situation, try to make a device reboot to see if it works after

And it is like 12 hours or 24 hours after now, did you try again to see if you are getting the text right a way again?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

We are all customers here, no agent will reply in this forum.

Delays with SMS are not unheard of, same as with emails particularly for 2FA codes.

I doubt agent will be able to explain you delay but if you want you can send them a note.

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click Chatbot - Ticket and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented. If ticketing does not work very fist time do the below.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.