cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything is Wonky Now

toga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, A week ago I got a message saying that i had used 95% of data.  A day later, my data stopped working.  I assumed that I had used the remaining 5% and I purchased a 1 gb add-on.  The data on my phone did not resume working.  When I look online, I cannot see my add-on usage.  It only shows my plan data.  I have not been able to use any data for a week now. The add on appears online next to current add-ons, but not in Data and Add-on Usage 

I recently switched to an iphone7, and it was working normally for one week, but I wonder if that could be the issue.

Also, I just got a text from public mobile saying that I had used 75% of my current data.  My next billing cycle starts tomorrow.  This is confusing because I already received a text saying I had used 95% a week ago?  Also, it shouldnt change because I havent been able to use any data for a week.  

ALSO my plan is expired?  

What the hell is going on?  I have been a customer for a year and a half without any issues. Now, my data isn't working.  I am getting erroneous messages from public mobile, and I paid for an add-on that never worked.  

12 REPLIES 12

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hmm strange... however like what gblackma said the mods will be your go to person in this scenario. You can probably request a refund or clawback dates from the time it didnt work

@toga 

The moderators will be able to reapply the data add on so you can access it and use it. Make sure they open a ticket for the tech ticket so they can look into why it didnt apply correctly in your account. This situation is a perfect example of the need to take screenshots of changes you make in your account and/or before and after renewal so you can document when something goes wonky in your account. If you didnt have a pic nobody would believe you! (Been there!!)

toga

Thank you, I will contact a moderator

toga

Just to Clarify.  The account is no longer suspended (which i now understand is a normal part of the process at the end of the billing cycle.... strange but not a problem)

In my online account, It shows that I have a 1gb Data add-on

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 7.40.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 7.40.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 7.41.50 PM.png

 So it shows that I indeed have a 1gb add-on.

I never got to use it.

@toga contact the moderators and ask them to to look into it for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

toga

I was already charged for the add on, and then I purchased it.  My account balance is $0.  If i buy it again, I will be charged again.  I cannot afford it.  

I paid $15 for an add on that I have not received.  

@toga try clearing your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode, restart your device and try again to purchase the add on. Stay safe. 

toga

Thanks for the answer, I am aware of this.  I have successfully purchased add ons many times, as I travel to the USA regularly and I purchase data roaming add-ons.  I have never had this problem before.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@toga purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

• add funds to your account(👍)
  • apply data add-on

check to see if you have " available funds" in your account. if you do, that means you need to go back into the add-ons section and reapply the add-on

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@toga This is the most "Wonkyiest" Situation I've seen on the fourm 😂 

That Text Message of using up your data after you bought the addon could've been sent in error.

Your plan is expired because that is the normal renewal process. Your phone should still work fine.

Currently It is the morning so if you login to your Self Serve account the expired message should be gone and your account should be renewed. What if you try using your data now? Does it work. If it works then it was just a fault in purchasing the data addon. Can you show us your payment history so we know if you got charged for it or not.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@toga 

1. The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
    Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...
  2. If your account is suspended You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
    Via your account online
    1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
    2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
    3. Select the reactivate account button.
    4. Restart your phone.
    or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
    1. press 1 to make payment
    2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
    3. press 1 amount due.
    4. Restart your phone.
  3. Do a network reset on your IPhone 7. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APNsettings that you've used before. Restart your phone if it doesn't do it automatically.  Enable data, add sms and mms to send and receive from Android phones. Try surfing the internet. Stay safe.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@toga 

That's a good description......wonky. Can you post  screenshot of your overview page with your plan and add ons. And your payment history for the last 30 days. Block out all personal info first. Which plan are you on?

If tonight is your renewal your account will say expired and then suspended as it goes thru the renewal process thats normal.....only be concerned if you lose all your services.

Also take a screenshot of your usage just for your own records before your renewal resets it. It will help figure out the discrepancies.

Need Help? Let's chat.