cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim replacement

PMDroid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am an existing customer planning to buy a esim for the first time. I know that it cost $5 to get the esim, but I am not sure if I have to buy esim by paying $5 Everytime I change my mobile. On the FAQ on esim it says the replacement cost will waived if I am a customer with esim,but when I reached out to CSR they say I will have to pay for esim every time I need one. Can someone help to understand before I decide to buy one esim 

8 REPLIES 8

@PMDroid wrote:

Actually the response which lasted was infact after sharing this link.so I have requested them to remove or correct the details in this link if it is not true. 

Either the replacement should be free or they should correct this page 

The CSA has made an error.   Changing from an eSIM to another eSIM is in fact free for all existing Public Mobile customers.  

PMDroid

Thanks ,

Actually the response which lasted was infact after sharing this link.so I have requested them to remove or correct the details in this link if it is not true. 

Either the replacement should be free or they should correct this page 

HI @PMDroid 

I found you a good link to send back to the support agent:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

The link clearly say this: Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost.

and didn't mention about 3 months.   Reply the agent with this proof.  If he refused to do it, ask him to escalate to a senior agent 

@PMDroid wrote:

When I try to confirm this , they said 

"you will need to pay the eSIM if after 3 months you change your phone. As I said, depending on the case, if it was a system issue (if you did not receive the Qr code or etc) we can help with a free eSIM"

The above was the response.getting confuses 

I hate to say it but it sounds like this agent is a little confused. Then again, since we don't know exactly what the conversation was, I'll just say this is incorrect.  If you purchase an eSIM it's $5. Then if you require one because you changed phones or had to reformat the phone, the eSIM moving forward will be free. Although I wish PM would update their website to show this information so it's crystal clear.

PMDroid

When I try to confirm this , they said 

"you will need to pay the eSIM if after 3 months you change your phone. As I said, depending on the case, if it was a system issue (if you did not receive the Qr code or etc) we can help with a free eSIM"

The above was the response.getting confuses 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PMDroid 

You pay $5 for the first eSIM, and going forward for eSIM is free for existing or new phones 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @PMDroid 

Great news!! Public Mobile only has a 1 time fee of $5. For any reason if you need to replace your eSIM, it's free of charge. Hope this helps.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PMDroid  You do have to rebuy it on the new phone each time but then you will get credit back for now I belive . I’m the beginning you just had to eat the cost of new eSIM 

Need Help? Let's chat.