cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim for new Iphone

Giwan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got a new phone and I'm trying to transfer my existing SIM card to and esim. I've tried on the app and nothing seems to work. How do I get the carrier activation/QR code??

2 REPLIES 2

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Giwan wrote:

I just got a new phone and I'm trying to transfer my existing SIM card to and esim. I've tried on the app and nothing seems to work. How do I get the carrier activation/QR code??

@Giwan , below is how I did it on my iPhone 14 Pro

eSIM FAQs | Help Articles | Public Mobile

Download the app onto your new iPhone.:

1. Log in to the Public Mobile app  on your iPhone, select + symbol on bottom left, go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page to purchase an eSIM, scroll down & select ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’, (I purchased the eSIM using my available balance from points that I redeemed).
  2. Please keep in mind to be patient when installing it, it takes time. Follow the instructions it gives you during this process! After it says on your Phone’s screen that it installed successfully reboot your Phone. ‘With your Phone turned off remove your SIM Card from your Phone’. As an extra measure I reset my Phone’s network settings & rebooted.
  3. In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected, reboot your phone.

(I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while doing this)

I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

‘I can not stress this enough… please be patient when installing the eSIM’.

Edit: You should also receive the QR Code to scan in your email however I didn’t receive one in my email. Mine installed successfully without it.

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You just buy an esim from app, it will guide you to install

Need Help? Let's chat.