cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim and Number transfer problem

AA95726
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i recently activated my service and all was working fine, i attempted to transfer over my number from lucky mobile and it didn't seem to work. On the app it shows my transferred number, but on my phone it still was still showing as the old number i got initially from public mobile.

As part of troubleshooting i ended up deleting the initial esim, but now i cant get the esim to activate again on my iPhone so I'm stuck without access to my service. The qr code in the welcome email keeps failing to activate anytime i scan it.

Also i cant seem to submit a ticket, every time i go through the chatbot the link I'm given ends up with an error when i go to create a ticket. It’s very frustrating when a call would be so much simpler.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

AA95726

I have it working now. I repurchased the esim, then i  had to talk back and forth with the porting team, eventually i was able to retry the transfer of the number and within 15 mins my lucky account was closed and now public is working as expected. Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

@AA95726 wrote:

I have the esim purchased and activated, it now has my transferred number from lucky (great).

But my lucky service seems to still be active as well so i have both showing on my iphone as the same number. Would this be an issue from the porting team? I though my lucky account was to be closed as well as the service from them?

@AA95726 , try this 1st.. turn off your iPhone, remove the Lucky SIM Card, reboot your phone & see what it says, try making a phone call, text, receive phone call. You may need to reset your network settings & reboot.

Unless you didn’t respond YES to authorize the port request from Lucky within 90 minutes of receiving it.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@AA95726 , after you’re able to purchase another eSIM please activate it using the steps below which I did on my phone.

Log in to the Public Mobile app  on your Phone, select + symbol on bottom left, go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page to purchase an eSIM, scroll down & select ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’

(I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while doing this)

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’), reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Edit: I agree with others though, SIM Card is less hassle & can be moved from one phone to the other!

AA95726

I have the esim purchased and activated, it now has my transferred number from lucky (great).

But my lucky service seems to still be active as well so i have both showing on my iphone as the same number. Would this be an issue from the porting team? I though my lucky account was to be closed as well as the service from them?

HI @AA95726 

actually, physical is better

Since you are paying $5 for eSIM, why not change it back to physical? $10 to buy from Telus or Kood store in person, $4.99 from Amazon (but you need to wait a day or two for prime shipping)

AA95726

I will do that thanks, to bad there wasn't a warning before deletion, considering i can remove a physical sim and not have to repay

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AA95726 

yes, esim is one time install and cannot be deleted.  

since you deleted, you need to pay $5 to re-buy.  Let's get this re-buy first and will help you with porting

to reply, download the PM app, login (use email to receive 2FA by clicking Didn't recide code).  Once you are in the app, go to Subsciption & addon and click Shop sim card and buy new eSIM 

For porting, call them porting support team after your esim is installed and working (can use data and make outbond calls).  I will send you the number to your community inbox

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AA95726 

once you've deleted the original esim..it's gone, you need a new esim or hard sim to replace it.

Here's a link to message Customer Support...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.