cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage

JennyH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for public mobile today.  Has anyone else had issues with their iMessage not working after joining?

5 REPLIES 5

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

do you use the same phone number or you get new phone number from Public mobile. If you get new phone number, you have to go to your settings in your iphone to change the phone number. If you still use same phone number, I suggest you power off your phone and power on again, restarting your phone can solve 98% problems you will encounter.

@JennyH wrote:

Yes for whatever reason when the esim was activated for public mobile my iMessage setting turned off so I had to go in to select my phone number to activate it again.  The weird thing was after doing that when I sent a message it went as a text message and then once a person with iMessage responded to my text it activated any further texts to go through as iMessages

iPhone does 'seem' to try to determine (somehow) whether a message thread can utilize iMessage vs SMS mode of delivery.

I haven't quite figured it out as well, however when some of my recipients are either on iMessage or not, it seems SMS will default instead of iMessage.

It likely has something to do with settings on both ends, as opposed to one only.

Anyway, glad it's sorted out!!!

JennyH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes for whatever reason when the esim was activated for public mobile my iMessage setting turned off so I had to go in to select my phone number to activate it again.  The weird thing was after doing that when I sent a message it went as a text message and then once a person with iMessage responded to my text it activated any further texts to go through as iMessages

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JennyH 

iMessage is not carrier-related.

It requires a reliable wifi or data enabled connection.

Do all your other services work? Calling both in and out and regular SMS in and out?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JennyH 

make sure to turn on Data in settings...see if that helps.

added...in Settings, scroll down to Messages...make sure that iMessage is toggled ON.

Need Help? Let's chat.