cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim activation for existing public mobile member

shd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent i just switched from my android(Samsung) (regular sim card) device to an iPhone which is only compatible with e sim. how do i activate my e sim to my new iPhone?

17 REPLIES 17

@Handy1  Believe email can be reused for new account once other account is closed. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Handy1 wrote:

That’s a your mileage may vary situation . But certainly worth a try 

It is a whole lot better than camping in the community for dollars for those who do not have the time to spare.  Maybe show some charity and give it to someone in need.  

@shd not sure when will be existing customers term for eSIM.  I see there are still some needed improvements , like the ability to move eSIM from one phone to another.  I hope this can be sorted out soon 

That’s a your mileage may vary situation . But certainly worth a try 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder if the CSAs could simply create a new account with e-SIM and then move the phone number over.  I know it is not policy to move a number from one Public Mobile to another Public Mobile account, but it seems possible.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@shd  It’s hard to say could be next week or 6 months or even longer before existing customers can use esim 

shd

yup thats what i got. its from US

shd

right understood. how long do you guys think PM will take to allow existing customers to activate esims easily to their same account/number

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shd , which iPhone model do you have that only uses an e-SIM.  I think even the newest iPhone can accept a physical SIM still.  

Edit:  Just found out US model is e-SIM only.  😶

@shd you cannot move your phone number to another PM account

To really do so you need to port out your PM number to another provider, like Koodo postpaid.  Wait couple days and the use a ! NEW PM sim card to activate and port it back into PM

there are efforts and cost involved, you really want that?  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@shd  Don’t cancel your PM account . Port it out to say koodo . Then it will automatically close PM account . Then create  a new PM account with esim and plan you want . Then port your old number back out of koodo into the newly created PM account 

Add it would be best to create a new email for the new PM account . Then once you have old number  ported back I to PM on new PM account . Then you can go into your my account and change the email 

shd

ok thanks. so i dont mind losing all rewards because i need to use my sim. how do i delete my current PM account. because i want to use the same email! or can i transfer the same number to a separate created PM account with different email

@shd  To add to what @softech  saying the work around .would be create a new account . New number port you old number out to any carrier on cheap plan then port it back in on new account .if keeping your number is important . But if you have an old reward account it will unfortunately be gone .but if on points system not to much of a loss just a pain in the butt 

@shd   you cannot.  Change plan is still existing account

you need to join new as a new customer, new account, new phone number (cos you cannot move your current PM number to another PM account)

shd

i see, can i change to a new plan and activate? or still unable

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shd  Sorry, you cannot, 

due to system limitation at the moment, eSIM can only be setup during activation.  Existing customer cannot migrate to eSIM still 

your got your new eSIM only iPhone from US?  Sorry, cannot be used for exiting user, unless you want to activate new account

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@shd  Esim is only for new activations right now . Not current customers . We just have to wait in line  until they  make available to the rest of us 

Need Help? Let's chat.