cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter my phone number

Bon6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to install the Sim card. Can't find where I enter old cell phone number. Just keeps wanting to order me a Sim card again. 

4 REPLIES 4

Zuochen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After inserting the new SIM card, you need to download and install the PM APP before you can activate your card. When you do the activation, you can transfer an old number or choose one of the new numbers provided.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bon6 

Are you an existing member or new member.

For existing members with an active account. Just login on the PM app then go to Account tab>Change Your SIM Card.

IMG_0213.png

If you are a new member, download the PM app and subscribe to a new plan and you enter it in Step 5 to port your number over to PM. Your old account with the other carrier must be active and wait for a text from old carrier confirming with YES that you are porting over to PM. Your old SIM will continue to work until porting is completed then switch to the PM SIM.

IMG_0118.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Bon6 you said waiting for the SIM card,  do you have it yet ?  if not you have to go to a Telus or Kodoo store around you to buy

if you have the sim card,  you need to log into my account to update the sim card number. If you cannot log in my account, just send a message to support agent to help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

if you cam login My Account, go to Profile page , click the pencil beside sim card number and you can update it there 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bon6  Are you using the app ? Not website you need the app to activate . You should have option to choose physical sim or eSIM choose the one you want . Until after you pay for the subscription you then get opportunity to port ( transfer number over from another provider . Or you can pick a new public mobile phone number at that time . If porting number over , just use old providers account number and ignore the IMEI it’s not needed also just leave old providers sim in the phone so you can reply YES to the confirmation text to port with in the 90 minute window 

Need Help? Let's chat.