cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Text / SMS / MMS not working

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

trying to send message to <phone>@msg.telus.com or <phone>@mms.mb.telus.com or <phone>@msg.koodomobile.com but nothing gets through. All messages bounce back and undelivered. All messages are failing from Yahoo.com but are being received from gmail.com

I have also tried sending to 5 different public mobile and koodo phones and none work.

This seems to be a recent problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

8 REPLIES 8

Also note that ANY app requires data... email to txt (and replying txt to email) does not

contacting PM was first thing I did....

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Solution to your issue  suggested above already:l: plan to use other ways to communicate , apps ,  Twilio,as this function is unreliable and can go away

you can also check with PM as none of us in the Community can help if email from Yahoo is not coming 

Just open ticket with them using the Orange Chatbot icon on lower right, start typing Submit ticket, choose Contact Us and then follow the screen to login and submit ticket

@slusagm wrote:

email to text ... there is really no need for it.

That is your opinion. How about sticking to the issue being asked about?

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

email to text was popular in the old days because data was expensive, many were using old style phones.

Things has changed and everyone now has iPhone and Android, there is really no need for it. Reading email is much better than the 160 character limit sms

I know some first line emergency is still using it.  But if there is such important business cases, they should invest and develop apps with push notification or use 3rd party paid servie like Twilio

@pm-smayer97 not sure if Yahoo need to be whitelisted or not.  As you saw in the link above 2 person on Yahoo tried, one got through 

On the other hand, I am not surprised Yahoo was blocked even if it is a major domain.  Big domain with no control if free e-mail registration means more spam activities

and trust me, if Rogers already moved away for over a year, that means it is time to get ready for the end of this features.  Afterall, if Rogers does not have it, it means at least 1/3 of the users on those forums or use cases are not receiving anything for over a year. Time to look for alternative

What mobile providers want those valid use cases to do is to change to proper SMS gateway with short code , this is to better control of unwanted spams

I have to request to whitelist a MAJOR domain???? Stupid!

Also, you'd be surprised at how many still use this... lots of forums, and use cases, for this.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pm-smayer97 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Devices/is-email-to-sms-supported/m-p/149678

email to sms is available albeit on a very limited basis (and many URL's are blocked by the system). Perhaps your best bet may be to get in touch with our Tech Support team.

You might need to request to whitelist some source domains

And keep in mind, this is a very old feature and not very commonly used.  It also could be misused for spam or so.   Rogers already removed this last year.  I wonder how long Telus will keep it. 

Add:

and have you been using Yahoo? Some complain similar things couple years again, seem like hit of miss even from Yahoo 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Yahoo-rejected-from-msg-telus-com-gateway/m-p/120846

Need Help? Let's chat.