cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Sim card

Lollipop1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello, I activated service using an electronic sim on my phone. Then I accidentally removed the  electronic sim from my cellular phone. I do not know how to re-add the Sim card to my phone. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

@Lollipop1234 wrote:

The support people are telling me I have to go to the store or on the website and purchase a physical Sim card. Oh my gosh maybe this is someone who just doesn’t know what they’re doing. I don’t know. But I can’t get to a store and I really can’t wait for it to be shipped to me. I have no phone number right now.

@Lollipop1234   it is a system limitation at the moment. 

I guess if the QR code was just deleted and not installed yet, they can resend you.  Once installed but deleted, then the current system won't be able to generate another code.  This is why if people wipe the phone, change phone, they can't move their eSIM onto the new phone, at least not at the moment

Sorry, I guess you have to move back to physical sim for now  😞  (that is also why current customer on physical sim cannot change to eSIM yet)

@Lollipop1234 wrote:

The support people are telling me I have to go to the store or on the website and purchase a physical Sim card. Oh my gosh maybe this is someone who just doesn’t know what they’re doing. I don’t know. But I can’t get to a store and I really can’t wait for it to be shipped to me. I have no phone number right now.

@Lollipop1234 sorry. I know that’s disappointing & really inconvenient! I’ve seen other Customers post that the CS_Agents told them to do that when they’ve deleted their eSim by mistake!
Only other option I can think of is to purchase one through ” Amazon “ or “ Canadian Cell Supplies “ which takes a few days to receive unless you know someone that can go pick one up for you at a store. If you order one from Public Mobile it can take up to 3 weeks to receive!

Lollipop1234

ILovePublic12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can't re-add the same one once it has been deleted, you'll need another QR code, which as others have mentioned you can get from a customer service representative.

Lollipop1234

I sent a message to the support. How long is  response time usually on weekends? Just a little anxious as I don’t have a phone number as of now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lollipop1234  support can resend the QR code for you to re-add it on the same phone.  Please message them and ask: 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Since it is a new process and everyone in the Community is learning together, please remember to come back and update us

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lollipop1234  Please contact support 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lollipop1234 others have posted about doing this too.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them about receiving another one here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Need Help? Let's chat.