cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-SIM not allowing SMS and not connected to phone number

Larisaaaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Guys my new e-sim card does not allow me to send SMS and also only gives me the option of LTE or 3G. I reset all the network settings and restarted my phone many times. Because my phone number isn’t connected to this sim properly, I can’t get text verification codes sent to me for different logins. 

Bell confirmed that my phone number was ported and the PM said the e-sim was programmed correctly on their end. 
I’m at a loss about what to do. 

2FDB2375-890C-4377-9642-69472066995B.png

I attached a pic of what it looks like on my settings. You can see that for those who the esim works… there is a phone number written for them but not for me. 

6 REPLIES 6

Larisaaaa

I have a ticket opened with a PM agent right now. 
this is what I mean though that my options show: 

82D6D879-EEA6-4D41-A58B-551B8C4256EE.jpeg

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Larisaaaa - I have eSIM and it doesn’t show in cellular settings - but in the phone settings

IMG_7209.png

IMG_7210.jpeg

HI @Larisaaaa 

Again, try Reset Networks settings, and make sure your Carrier profile is updated

you can change the network type to 5G On and see if it connects

once confirmed 5G is works, change it back to 5G Auto , which is batter for your battery

if it does not connect, I think another ticket with PM agent is needed

Larisaaaa

Almost! The texts started to work (thank goodness) but my data options are still only LTE and 3G on the new SIM card

HI @Larisaaaa 

I saw your other reply, so, you are all good now?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Larisaaaa 

that is not an esim problem but a problem with text on the system side

PM is aware of the problem and solving the problem case by case.   Please ask PM agent to refresh your account.  

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

Need Help? Let's chat.