cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumb Question

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If i purchased 2 gigs of data for my phone and i have already used up say 500mb,will setting my data limit 300mb cause my cell connection to not work?

8 REPLIES 8

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
It's not a dump question perhaps it's a very good question.
The purchased unused data add on roll over to the next billing cycles and never expires. So if you use it wisely you can save money.
Actually if you limit your data uses in your phone it's not going to effect your talk and text. It's also not going to affect the carrier settings. It's from your end only and as suggested by other people if you want to you can change it anytime.
Hope it answer your question. If you have any more question please ask the great community.

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can increase or decrease the Android warning & limit levels at will though, if need be.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Heavyrocker wrote:

I guess what im getting at is:can you mess up the data limit setting as so it will affect me being able to connect to the internet,im not talking talking about phone connection.What haaped to me was i could not connect to the internet a few days ago but i played around with the data stting and all is good now.

Yes, if you set a data limit and exceed that limit, it will cut off your mobile data.  That's literally what that setting is for (in Android, you can set a "warning" level and a "cut off" level).  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Restrictions applied on the phone by the user has nothing to do with the carrier.  These limits can be adjusted at any time by the user if the original limit is no longer deemed appropriate.  

@Heavyrocker wrote:

If i purchased 2 gigs of data for my phone and i have already used up say 500mb,will setting my data limit 300mb cause my cell connection to not work?

if you are speaking about something such as the Android monthly data usage/set cellular data limit,  and if your phone has recorded more than 300MB during the currently set billing cycle, your data will stop functioning (even if it was used up before you set up the limit).  Voice services would not be affected by that setting.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No question is a dumb question. Setting a data limit on your phone should not affect your cellular (phone) connection. You just wouldn't get internet until you turn the limit back off.

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I guess what im getting at is:can you mess up the data limit setting as so it will affect me being able to connect to the internet,im not talking talking about phone connection.What haaped to me was i could not connect to the internet a few days ago but i played around with the data stting and all is good now.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@Heavyrocker  Do you mean setting a daily limit on your phone to 300mb?  If so then, no that shouldn't cause any issues cause its tracking daily.

Can you clarify please?

Need Help? Let's chat.