cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Calls

Anastasia888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dropped calls started a few months ago & has got progressively worse. I always used speaker & last week someone said try not using that. Now it is worse - calls drop or I can hear them & they can't hear me. I have the latest Apple, I've dealt with Apple doing analytics, they said it was the provider. I've tried all the tricks on-line & checked the SIM card. I live in mid town TO. I have 2 bars most of the time. So is my only choice to change providers??

15 REPLIES 15

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good idea @Anastasia888  to contact a Customer Support Agent.

Glad i mentioned it initially...😊

Anastasia888

THX - will try

HI @Anastasia888 Generally speaking, Telus should have strong coverage in GTA, but of course, different area could have a location specific problem. 

Check if your friends and neighbors  on Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin  (they share the same network towers) to see if they have the same issue in the area where you have the problem.

Since it has been a few months and getting worse, open a ticket with PM Support and make them aware and investigate:   At  https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click    "Contact Us"
  3. then Click   "Other"
  4. finally Click    "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anastasia888

Sorry i can't answer that question - COVID has limited my mobility - i live mid town TO

HI @Anastasia888 does it act the same everywhere?  If you try in different part of the town/city, you get similar result?

Which city  you are at?

Anastasia888

iPhone 13 & worked w Apple yesterday & they said it wasn't the phone - it was the provider

@Anastasia888 wrote:

well did a test - at 4 bars - call dropped after 35 minutes which is a BIG  improvement but not good enough

HI @Anastasia888   What kind of phone do you have?  Android or iPhone? Make and model? 

Anastasia888

well did a test - at 4 bars - call dropped after 35 minutes which is a BIG  improvement but not good enough

JL9
Mayor / Maire

How long have you been with PM was it working perfectly until a few months ago with no changes at all 

Anastasia888

have set 3G setting - thx - I'll try this.

Anastasia888

lived on this ravine for years

Anastasia888

did this NP

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you experience call drops at particular location or it happens everywhere?

Could be some new development around you, tall buildings, cranes, etc.?

It could be closes cell tower is having issues and Telus is not aware of it?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Anastasia888 

Does your phone do this in different locations too?

Is it possible to try your sim in another unlocked phone to rule out a phone problem vs account?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anastasia888 

You can try manually switching network to 3G to see if there's any improvement in call reliability.

Otherwise, contact customer support agents to have them reprovision your account/SIM - sometimes that will help.

There are 2 ways to reach CSA's:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.