cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Calls

mishel_606
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I read on another thread that calls are automatically dropped at one or two hours. I’d like to know why this is as I’m paying for phone service?
I’m in a long distance relationship so we talk on the phone a lot. There’s times we keep the phone on to stay connected (especially during the pandemic where traveling isn’t possible/advisable.) It was only when I switched from Virgin to Public Mobile did my phone start dropping calls. 

4 REPLIES 4

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@mishel_606, ouch just when things on the call gets mushy, the calls goes dead. 

Curious to know is it possible there are dead zones in the home? When I was with Fido, somehow, when I was in the crawl space at my parents home while talking on the phone and grabbing my goalie gear, my calls died on me. Either that, the smell of my hockey gear wafted at the phone!

I also found out my OS on my phone was dated. I fixed both, and no more drop calls. 

Good luck on the long distance relationship! 

@mishel_606 

This does happen at public mobile. For the average user it is uncommon but if you frequently have long phone calls you will experience more often. I've had it happen several times usually during a phone call with my mom (we have long conversations.) I've also had it happen very inconveniently on an extremely important call and most recentlly during a phone call with public mobile they were unaware that being cut off at the 60min, 90min and 120min mark is an issue/glitch.

Whether or not its an issue pm is even looking or able to fix I am unsure. Its likely a default built into the system so that phones accidently ( or purposely) left "off the hook" don't tie up "lines" or space on the network. With family or friends its not really an issue to have them or you call back. When its something more important and you anticipate a long phone call I always make sure the other caller has my phone number and casually mention "Just in case we get cut off here's my number to call me back....."

Do tell us if the moderators have a solution for you.....

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mishel_606  This is common with most cell providers. From my experience it's an hour. 

Although unlimited cell companies have things like this is place incase possibly the line is still connected but actually no one is on the line. There is an assortment of reasons. Like 

• To limit the impact of fraudulant calls
  • To limit the impact of accidental calls (i.e. calls that never got hung up - or were dialed and answered by accident)
  • Network congestion on that tower

It's really not a big deal. Just call back and keep the convo going.

It's happened to me before where I unknowingly called a number. It was dead air for like 40 minutes until I looked at my phone and realized I was connected to a call. So it's understandable that PM and other companies would drop the call automatically after an hour for the reason of JUST IN CASE.

However if you want an exact answer. Contact moderators.

Simon.JPG

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mishel_606 wrote:

I read on another thread that calls are automatically dropped at one or two hours. I’d like to know why this is as I’m paying for phone service?
I’m in a long distance relationship so we talk on the phone a lot. There’s times we keep the phone on to stay connected (especially during the pandemic where traveling isn’t possible/advisable.) It was only when I switched from Virgin to Public Mobile did my phone start dropping calls. 

@mishel_606 

contact a moderator you can do so by clicking the chat bubble at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue dropped calls

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.