cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double billed

ebrydon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

On September 29 I upgraded my account to have unlimited Canada wide minutes and 3GB of data for $35.  With HST, the total cam to $40.25.  I was looking at the credit card statement though and it shows me as being billed twice for $40.25 on September 29.

Is there a way to have one of the charges reversed?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

ebrydon

The issue has been resolved. The extra charge will stay on my account and be used for my next renewal. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ebrydon 

It sounds like when you clicked submit it either paused and you clicked again or it just double charged. While I have not done this in the new self-serve account I have done this in the old self serve account whereas once I clicked submit it greyed out and did nothing then I clicked again and it processed the payment only for me to suddenly see that it charged me for the plan and then a Top-Up payment for the same amount and the balance was in my available funds.

But I have also clicked submit when making a plan change while suspended and the system charged me for the old amount of the plan and then immediately changed my plan to the new plan and charged me again. So there was no available funds in my account balance. Since I noticed both of these glitches occur I immediately contacted customer support who sorted it out. They will do the same for you although I recommend getting an account credit which will be processed immediately to your account otherwise refunds can take up to 30 days to be processed back to your card on file.

Contact customer support via the links already supplied in this thread or scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on SIMon to submit a support request ticket.

@ebrydon 

Did you by any chance process a plan change on an immediate basis (as opposed to on the upcoming renewal)  around the time you're Public Mobile plan was already going through a renewal?

@ebrydon wrote:

Payment history shows me as being billed twice.  I will submit a ticket and see what happens.

Sure, but what balance are you showing in your account?

ebrydon

Thank you, I’ll try to submit a ticket and see what happens.

ebrydon

Payment history shows me as being billed twice.  I will submit a ticket and see what happens.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you see the amount added to your balance on your account here? Pending charges shouldn't hang around this long.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ebrydon 

open ticket with PM support 

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ebrydon  some credit card might have shown twice as one of the two could just be a pending charge and will be dropped after

Login to My Account using Incognito mode and check Payment History.  Check how many times it shows PM charged you

Need Help? Let's chat.