cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Payment

Simplerules
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made two full payments April 1 and 2nd. One was auto and one was manual as I received a message to top off even though I was on auto pay. My phone service was taken away for a few hours even though there was a valid credit card on my account so I went in manually and dI’d payment.  There should be a $50 credit on my account but it is showing up as zero and there has been no refund.  

14 REPLIES 14

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh I know, @hTideGnow.

I wasn't suggesting that they also wouldn't be immediately cut off.   I figured PM might do BOTH.   

Cut off their service PLUS make them pay back the amount they technically owe for service they used and than charged back.   It makes sense to me they should do that - but i guess they wouldn't bother going that far with it... making the credit card option unavailable to them would be disincentive enough for many to not repeat a chargeback.

Hi @Spudster No.  PM is prepaid, they worry with a negative balance, ppl would just continue use the "Free" service and not come back and pay. 

Couple users got stuck in the charge back situation with service cut away. 

PM will also impose a 1 year ban with CC on those accounts.   If they want to come back, they can only load vouchers with *611

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Now that you made me second guess myself I thought this was made clear in this line....

If you manually reactivated your service autopay had no idea....why would it?....and renewed your plan as if it was 24 hours back in time and still the wee hours of April 1st.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Spudster

I kinda wondered about that, @hTideGnow .   

I thought that a chargeback might result in a 'negative' balance such that when a user wished to regain service, they'd have to pay back the returned payment PLUS the plan amount to restore service.

Having never done one here, I may have guessed wrong - but it wouldn't be an unreasonable outcome.

Hi @Spudster I doubt chargeback is involved here.  If chargeback, service would be cut out immediately.   There us no negative balance here

Spudster

@Simplerules 

Please edit out your picture by clicking on the below link.   After you do so, scroll to bottom and remove the picture by clicking on "View All", then you'll have the option to hover over it and delete - it's there for everyone to see and contains personal information you may not want out there

About Simplerules - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@esjliv @darlicious 

It's not just that a manual payment was made and then autipay charged the customer anyway.  The system actually renewed the prce plan and removed the funds from the account balance (for the exact same price plan) on both April 1 and April 2. None of this should have happened. Even if hypotethically, the customer's service had been suspended for 29 days, reactivating it by making a manual payment would have changed the next renewal date.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Simplerules 

There was a major autopay system failure on April Fools Day. As a result of having your service suspended you manually topped up to reactivate your service. The problem was when pm finally found the issue with the payment system just in time to reboot the system for the following days renewals the autopay just started back up where it left off. If you manually reactivated your service autopay had no idea....why would it?....and renewed your plan as if it was 24 hours back in time and still the wee hours of April 1st.

Contact customer support to add a credit to your account equal to the second automatic top up charge in your account. Your renewal in a few days will use it to pay your plan amount.

Edit:

Edit not needed.... @computergeek541  just confused me for a moment see comment later in this thread.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Simplerules
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No one payment was made manually on April 1 and one was taken electronically April 2.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If the extra payment is not going to your next renewal then private message CS_Agent to get that fixed. If it is you can leave it and your card won't get charged again until the end of May

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Simplerules - was your last renewal on April 1st, then again today, on April 30th?

If this is the correct calculation, then that double payment you would have paid early April would have been used to renew for today.

Are your services currently working?

From and including: Friday, April 1, 2022
To and including: Saturday, April 30, 2022

Result: 30 days

Spudster

The only other possibility, @Simplerules , is did you request a chargeback from your credit card provider recently against your Public Mobile service? 

If so, the balance could have gone into a 'negative' and you might have needed to bring the account up to date (i.e. ZERO), then the automatic payment occurred normally following.

I'm doubtful that's the case, but a slim possibility.

@Simplerules wrote:

I made two full payments April 1 and 2nd. One was auto and one was manual as I received a message to top off even though I was on auto pay. My phone service was taken away for a few hours even though there was a valid credit card on my account so I went in manually and dI’d payment.  There should be a $50 credit on my account but it is showing up as zero and there has been no refund.  

Please never post images such as the one that you have.  I have removed it from your message post, but you need to still remove the image from your Community photo gallery. It's very important for the security account that you do this immediately.

What I can tell you is that for some strange reason, Public Mobile actually charged you for and renewed your plan on two consecutive days.  This is clearly a Public Mobile errror. You need to ask a customer support agent for help by going to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html .  As this is clearly a Public Mobile mistake, a refund will be provided.

Need Help? Let's chat.