cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charged

RWenninger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have automatic credit card top up on for the past two years and have never had an issue. My plan was to renew on April 1. All of a sudden my plan was cut off and the automatic renewal didn't work. I need my phone for work so I went onto my account and did a one time payment. Then on April 1 later in the day they took the automatic payment from my credit card. I was fine because I thought the credit would just sit on my account and it would be used on May 1 monthly plan fee. I just checked this morning and on April 2 Public took the monthly plan charges again! So I paid for a month of April 1 and April 2! 

Anyone have any idea how I can get the credit back?! 

8 REPLIES 8

PeterBridges
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They wiill tell you they never recieved that payment. I am calling the police. Enough It happens to me before and again this month. Better business bureau too. This scamming by them must stop. Get off auto pay

RWenninger

My Issue was resolved!! Thank you so much for all the guidance!!

Yeah the chaos of April 1 really caused a lot of issues. If you were charged twice but not a cent of it is in your balance a CSA should be able to fix that for you.

@RWenninger wrote:

I would be fine it stayed on my account but it took the plan fee twice. 

Yes, when you open the ticket, you can choose to ask them to leave the amount as Available Fund in your My Account.  Your next renewal is coming up in couple days, so, it is faster and easier to do it that way

RWenninger

I would be fine it stayed on my account but it took the plan fee twice. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RWenninger   Yes, PM has a major Autopay issue on April 1 and some people got charged twice

But no worry, PM will work with you to resolve the duplicated charge issue, just open a ticket with them:

1. If you have access to My account: At  https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RWenninger 

Unfortunately there was an AutoPay glitch on April 1.

The extra charge will stay in your account as credit to pay for your next month bill.
You will need to contact a CS_Agent to arrange for a refund but this may take up too a month.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@RWenninger 

Contact a CS Agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.