cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn’t work

Sunshinehillis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switch to public,  now I don’t receive any texts or calls?  

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshinehillis 

Did you reply to the SMS text with your old carrier SIM in the phone?

If you did, try rebooting the phone by powering off the phone then wait a few minutes then power on the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sunshinehillis 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We ll narrow it down to a few options to try.

Switched.. did you port the old number as well?

Did you replied the authorizing text with YES within 90 minutes?

Does the phone see the Telus network now?

Reboot the phone, re-seat the SIM. check 'my account' page on top right link and see you have plan selected.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sunshinehillis  - welcome to Public Mobile, did everything go through smoothly when you signed up?  Have you been charged for the new plan on your credit card?  If porting maybe that part isn't complete...or maybe you didn't make it that far in the sign up process.  If you did I would try following the steps above.  Turn your phone off and leave one minute and turn back on.  Go to airplane mode for a minute and then back to regular mode.  Remove SIM card and wait for a few minutes and reinsert it.  Reboot the phone.  If nothing else works you can try a network reset.  Those things did work for me in the past.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshinehillis wrote:

@Sunshinehillis 

Did you ask to port in your old number? If so, the transfer may not be completed.

Call the number I sent to your inbox to check the status and complete the process.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshinehillis wrote:

@Sunshinehillis 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Also, did you activate with a new number or a ported over phone number?

EDIT: if ported, see helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Need Help? Let's chat.