cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the uk oneplus3 phone work on public mobile?

tinac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys,

I just moved to Toronto from the UK and was wondering if my oneplus 3 phone from UK will work on the public mobile network?

6 REPLIES 6

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you see Telus network when you manually search carriers, it works. 

Check your IMEI first.Link below:

Link :

http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/phones-and-devices/devicecompatibility.shtml?INTCMP=TcomBYODCompatib...

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @tinac!

Welcome to PM and welcome to Toronto! 

Your European variant Oneplus3 is missing the primary LTE band in use by Telus, namely Band-4 (1700/2100).  Your phone will work fine and only occasionally get LTE as it is.  

The only thing worth searching for is:  Is there a firmware change that can open up the needed bands on your phone, or if the phone actually has the bands missing at the hardware level.  
Spend some time searching Google and in your phone's section at the XDA developers forum.  

tinac

So does that mean yes or no?

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @tinac

Reading the specs from OnePlus homepage.Compared to North America model, Europe lacks Band 4 for Telus 3G/LTE and CDMA(may have in some area). You can manually search for carriers to see whether Telus is available.

Reference: 

North America model
WCDMA: Bands 1/2/4/5/8
FDD-LTE: Bands 1/2/4/5/7/12/17/30
CDMA EVDO: BC0

Europe / Asia model
WCDMA: Bands 1/2/5/8
FDD-LTE: Bands 1/3/5/7/8/20
TDD-LTE: Bands 38/40

Philipose

No reason why it wouldn't. The OP3 comes unlocked if you bought it straight from them (I don't know if anyone carries them in the UK). Flagships like the OP3 are pentaband so they work on all networks

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

45666.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.