cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if there is a VM to text conversion feature with Public Mobile?

jrprvs2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any feedback greatly appreciated. JP.

5 REPLIES 5

Fongo does voicemail to email by means of a sound file attachment, but Youmail takes that to the next level by also including a text transcription, and the recording sounds better too. The free account will do 20 text transcriptions per month. With the emails, there is no need to have their app on your phone either.

To setup, all it takes is setting your conditional call forwards to the number they give you in the setup instructions. Specify Telus as your provider, and in my case I was given a Montréal number - it doesn't matter, as all current plans allow unlimited Canada-wide call forwarding.

I've been using it myself for over a year now and it works great. Youmail.com

They will give you *61, *62, *67 codes to dial to program the three conditional call forwards but all three can be set at once with *004*nxxnxxxxxx#

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jrprvs2000 

How about VM to email using Fongo?

1.  You can setup a free Fongo account with a phone number from Fongo.

• Configure to send VM voice file to your email inbox.
  • You can also give your Fongo out for incoming FAX.  Fongo will send the FAX pdf file to your inbox too.
  •  

2.  Set up you PM account to conditionally call forward your call when:

• no answer - you do not answer your phone
  • not available - your phone is off or in airplane mode
  • busy - you are talking on your phone

PM does not charge minutes for conditional call forwarding. 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jrprvs2000  You could get the Fongo app, forward calls there (after allowing some ring time), and use their voicemail to email feature.
As a bonus it would also be a backup if PM has an outage by providing calling/texting over wifi. 

@jrprvs2000 wrote:

Sorry, but voicemail to text isn't offered.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jrprvs2000 wrote:

@jrprvs2000  hi sorry there is none I am aware of, it would be a nice feature though.

Need Help? Let's chat.