cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to register a debit visa card as a method of payment?

aure
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried since Monday to register my debit card as a method of payment, I have spoken with plenty of agents and nobody has been able to help me. I am so frustrated and have started asking myself if I have made the right decision by moving to PM. 

11 REPLIES 11

@Hervé wrote:

I heard that is not possible! Besisdes that, any "foreign" card will act as a "Canadian" credit card!

All credit cards originate from a specific country. It cannot be changed into a Canadian credit card.  If the card isn't from Canada or the U.S., it won't work at Public Mobile.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@aure 

Simplii is owned by CIBC so I don’t know why it would get rejected.

hi @BKNS27 

you are right, Simplii is owned by CIBC but they have problem with multiple vendors, I guess CIBC/Simplii don't know what's wrong too  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Simplii-Mastercard-debit/m-p/1033588/high...

@BKNS27- The customer has said they don't have a Simplii card. But there was a spate of people with Simplii cards not working here a while ago. Maybe it has been fixed.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@aure 

Simplii is owned by CIBC so I don’t know why it would get rejected.

I would suggest you escalate to a CS_Agent supervisor.

Another option is to purchase a reloadable Visa CC at any grocery store or gas station.

IMG_0525.jpeg

Hervé

Hi,
I heard that is not possible! Besisdes that, any "foreign" card will act as a "Canadian" credit card!

aure

you are right, maybe agent. But until now, nobody has been efficient enough to do it.

HI @aure 

Simplii has trouble with many businesses.  

maybe agent can help and check,  submit  ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

aure

I have done that process since Monday and not working. Agents saying to try again later, change the browser, delete cookies, etc etc. But the week has finished and I have been trying to find a solution, but nobody has been able to help me with this. 

aure

not branded as Simplii, it is canadian

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you have a debit card with the visa logo on it then is it from a Canadian or American bank with a Canadian or American billing address? Is it branded from Simplii?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @aure 

you already activated with PM? If you are, steps are the same as any Visa or MC card

Login to My Account, Payment, Manage Subscription and Update Card Information and you can update it there

Need Help? Let's chat.