cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a 90 day add-on expire on a prepaid data-plan with roll over data?

Laser9009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure if this has been asked before, I saw a similar question but it addressed something a bit different. This may seem a little obvious due to the " good for 90 days" thing, but I am still confused. I pay $50 a month on a prepaid data-plan and get 5GB plus roll over. My question is if I purchase an add-on of 3GB, does it expire even after it rolls over? I know it says good for 90 days, but I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around paying for an add-on that expires? Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't make sense to me; shouldn't the add-on data be mine indefinitely? Is it set to expire in a way that if I had a 1GB plan, it would expire when that term would be due for a renewal? 

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Laser9009 although @ShawnC13's response is correct, I just wanted to clarify a couple of things in your question:

"Does a 90 day add-on expire on a prepaid data-plan with roll over data"

So first of all, there's no such thing as a 90 day add-on--as @ShawnC13 explained, the add-ons (other than US Roaming add-ons, which are another story) stay on your account until you have used them up.

But secondly, there's no such thing as a "prepaid data-plan wtih roll over data" currently at Public Mobile.  If you're on a 90 day plan with say 6GB of data, any unused plan data from that 6GB disappears at the end of your 90 day cycle and does not roll over into the next one.  The add-on data does, the plan data does not.  As mentioned, add-on data is only dipped into once your current cycle's plan data has been completely utilized.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Laser9009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay, now that makes sense! Thank you for the clarification!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Laser9009, from what I have read the addons do not expire.  They will continue to roll over until all used up and the data addon will only be used once you have used up your data that comes with your plan be it 30 or 90 days.  Example if you use your data up in day 75 of 90 your addon will be what is used until your plan renewal as long as you still have data left in that addon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.