cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung Guru 2 music work with public mobile?

Leyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys, I activated my prepaid plan today with the mentioned phone. But my phone can't connect to the network(red cross at the top left). When i try to do manual network searching it fails. Not sure what else could I try, Thanks.

Worth mentioning that the sim is working fine on a samsung s8.

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Leyu, just to add to responses already provided, this site is a good resource for checking phone compatibility.  It is not 100% but getting closer each day as the database improves.

https://willmyphonework.net/

@Leyu

The samsung Guru 2 supports 0 of the 10 network frequencies of the public mobile (telus) network.

The phone will not work.

@Leyu wrote:

Hey guys, I activated my prepaid plan today with the mentioned phone. But my phone can't connect to the network(red cross at the top left). When i try to do manual network searching it fails. Not sure what else could I try, Thanks.

Worth mentioning that the sim is working fine on a samsung s8.

If 3g type networks are enabled on the phone and Telus/Public or Bell networks don't show up in a manual network scan, that either means that there is no network coverage at that location that your phone can pick up (although I know that your Samsung s8 is fine), or that your phone is incompatible.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The Samsung Guru 2 music is 2G GSM only, a network Public Mobile does not support.  Only Rogers and their flankers can still support 2G GSM, but that is going to get phased out eventually.

EDIT:  This phone will probably not work with Rogers either, because this phone does not seem to be able to support the frequencies Rogers 2G GSM needs.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If sim works in one phone but not the second, then My bet is no it is not compatible. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
I'm not sure about the compatibility, but have you tried restarting the phone since you put the new SIM in?
Need Help? Let's chat.