cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile offers temporary suspension?

ricksea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does Public Mobile offers temporary suspension for customers that go out of the country? If so, what is the fee?

I understand some providers charge a small fee to keep the number active with no services. Some do it for 6 months I believe. I am hoping Public Mobile also offers that.

Cheers

Rick

5 REPLIES 5

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can use lost/stolen phone option if it is a small period of suspension.

Else, If you remove your autopay and renew your plan every 85 days thats a temporary suspension.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ricksea wrote:

Does Public Mobile offers temporary suspension for customers that go out of the country? If so, what is the fee?

I understand some providers charge a small fee to keep the number active with no services. Some do it for 6 months I believe. I am hoping Public Mobile also offers that.

Cheers

Rick

@ricksea 

Dont' give up.. there are different ways to do

The best way to on hold a plan is to have to suspended for 90 days, assuming you don't have any Available Fund there.  The idea is that you cannot have a plan suspended for more than 90 days or you will lost your number

1. Disable Autopay,
  2. Change your plan to $15 and select this plan change to  start at the next cycle to reduce the cost
  3. Let your plan expires at the end of this cycle.  It will then be  suspended due to non-payment.
    (some people would choose to do a manual suspension of the plan by clicking Lost/Stolen on the last day of the cycle IF you have some Available Fund in your account)
  4. At around 85th day, login to My Account and put in $15, and reactivate the plan
    (Try to do it at 85th day and no later, give yourself some time in case there is any payment issue) 
  5. repeat 3 and 4 until you are back to Canada.  

Your other option is to move it to a VoIP service, in which case you get your number working on the VoIP app while you are away in US.  Please note that you will loss your Rewards you have now (mainly Friends Referrals and Loyalty rewards)

One example is to move to Fongo.  It costs you $25 to port into Fongo and free to port out if you stay longer than 3 months.  There might be another cost when you want to port it out of Fongo.  SIM cost.  But if you activate in store, most of them will get you the SIM for free.  Also, you can take advantage of the new activation bonus at that time, so, it can be a WIN-WIN solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricksea : The above isn't entirely true. Public Mobile offers a 3 month period of suspension for free. This keeps everything to do with your account alive...just no services. But don't go past it or you lose everything.

ricksea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ricksea 

sorry at public mobile no option for that,

if your plan is higher price you can change your plan to $15 to save your number,
or another option if you don't need you number just remove your Autopay and when you come back to canada start new plan
if you need your number remove your Autopay and pay every 85 days to save it,

review for Reactivate a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.