cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile Sim work for Samsung Galaxy A12?

niksantamrakar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could your A12 is a locked phone? You may need to get your phone unlock first.

@niksantamrakar wrote:

I do have PM sim, but not working.

Yes, because of the bands issue I mentioned above.  You phone could work on some area when those bands that match your phone is available.  Likely from where you tested, it lacks the matching bands

I suggest you use another phone instead

@niksantamrakar  

If the page https://www.mobilewithprices.com/samsung-galaxy-a12-6648-in-vietnam-5037.php  has the correct information, your A12  Vietnam version has the following bands

3G

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100

4G

1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41

And PM needs

3G = B2(1900) B5 (850)

4G = B2 (1900), B4/B66 (2100 or 1700), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B12/B17 (700), B13 (700), B29 (700-Suppl. DL), B30 (2300)
(the Bold one are those your phone has for PM networks)

So, phone  has only 1 out of 2 bands on PM 3G network and 2 out of those bands on 4G

Would it work?  Yes in some area, depends on the available bands .

Would it work great?  No

Any phone you are considering should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and   LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.

So, while you phone would work, you might encounter drop calls and some reception issue 

niksantamrakar

I do have PM sim, but not working.

niksantamrakar

It is an international version made in Vietnam!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It should work if it is North American model. It should work with international version too but ideally you should  borrow PM SIM from a friend/relative and try.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@niksantamrakar   Yes, generally speak, Galaxy A12 will work on PM network.  But if you got a non-American variant, please give us the exact model to confirm

Just make sure you got an unlocked phone and best stay with North American version 

Need Help? Let's chat.