Thank-you

45 REPLIES 45

concou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Appears to be different opinions now.

On expiry or not?

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you sure. I know that in BC gift cards, by law, cannot expire. 

concou

I would like take control of things without involving the reccipent.

I would like to apply credits to the account for her. 

I'm in Vaughan, just north of Toronto. 

@concou  YES! Vouchers do expire after 90 days from purchase unless otherwise stated. Check your voucher for an expiration date or other message stating how long it is valid for....

Adding a pic of your no longer valid voucher onto the unofficial voucher catalogue in the self serve section will help expand the community's knowledge on vouchers from various retailers and their individual differences. Just type in "Voucher Catalogue" in the search bar.

Shell stations sell public mobile vouchers and can be loaded onto your account immediately.

@concou wrote:

I would prefer to buy a voucher and just have it applied directly to her phone number. 

Real time payment. 

Haven't had any luck.

Tried Canadian Tire gas bars,Walmart and most gas stations.

Where are you located? What province ? Ie: Edmonton/Alberta, Montreal/Quebec? Maybe someone can tell you where to get the vouchers.. here in Montreal people that use vouchers go to Esso or Couche Tard (Convince store like Mack's in Ontario) and ask for the voucher..it's printed out of the machine like any other top up provider offers. Same terminal.

As for your comment "people tend to misplace them"...just take a picture of voucher so it's on your phone incase its misplaced you'll still have to pin number.

You can top up via recharge.com also that offers different payment options even Paypal. The pin is displayed on screen after payment and an email copy is sent to you as well.

concou

I would prefer to buy a voucher and just have it applied directly to her phone number. 

Real time payment. 

Haven't had any luck.

Tried Canadian Tire gas bars,Walmart and most gas stations.

You are welcome @concou . Glad we could help you.  Take a snap of them before you gift them. If they are lost, you still have the photos.

@concou wrote:

Thanks for all your replies!

People do misplace and then find at a later time.

I would be gifting it,to someone that has a tendency to misplace things.

Thank-you 

concou

Thanks for all your replies!

People do misplace and then find at a later time.

I would be gifting it,to someone that has a tendency to misplace things.

Thank-you 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Doesn't make sense to buy a voucher and not add it as soon as possible. It could be lost or numbers could fade over time.

iPhoneUser

So what is the hybrid system? It allows the auto pay credit but you can control, that the card is never charged. But since auto pay is still in place you WILL still receive the $2 credit every 30 days. So for those who want every credit possible (or have had an “experience” with auto pay) set up auto pay and top up your account in advance with a voucher (or your auto pay set up). Even consider if you can, to top up your account for 60 days  in advance and then every 30 days.....making you to be always paid up still 30 days in advance. Public Mobile always pulls funds from your balance before they pull funds from your auto pay set up. You can also prepay using your auto pay card too, if you like. I will leave it up to you to receive benefits from your cash back, points collecting, Air Miles preferences.

iPhoneUser

Are they purchased from a retailer or from Craigslist. If Craigslist, load them all before you pay. 

The thermal paper is a good point.....sometimes it all fades.....so photo copy them for backup. 

But I would not hold on to them. Buy and load. Too many things can happen like loosing, fading, coffee spills etc. 

In the event of an auto pay failure just put the hybrid system in place forever. 

I think @concou is asking the question, to hold one in case of an emergency. Like autopay fails, to buy an add on using 611 etc. However it may be better to snap the voucher and store it on your phone.

@will13am wrote:

I don't believe so.  That said, it's not a good idea to hoard them.

To add to that, I can't see much reason not to load them to the account. Public Mobile doesn't have pay-per-use charges, so you won't be able to accidently spend that balance. I realize that Public Mobile doesn't offer any refunds, but if you've already purchased the voucher, that is true whether you have added to the balance to your account or not.  Vouchers can be lost or the thermal paper that they are printed on can cause the numbers to be rubbed off.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Vouchers are considered to be gift cards, so no they dont expire @concou . Welcome to PM.

Edit 1 use gift cards can have an expirey data as per https://www.sootoday.com/around-ontario/some-gift-cards-do-expire-heres-what-you-need-to-know-804369

@concou wrote:

Do vouchers expire after purchase?

Thank-you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't believe so.  That said, it's not a good idea to hoard them.

Need Help? Let's chat.