cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do bonuses follow you with a plan change?

c4ndl3burn3r
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I switch plans, do I lose bonus data and long distance minutes? Do I lose long distance minutes that I have purchased? For example:

2 GB
2GB one-time data bonus
2 GB left

999 mins
200 min US and Canada Long Distance
722 mins left

400 mins
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
400 mins left

500 mins
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US
500 mins left

500 mins
500 one-time Int'l LD bonus
500 mins left

Do I lose some of these or all of these if I switch plans???

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@c4ndl3burn3r 

All add ons that are bonus, purchased, gifted or "won" (from a contest) will remain on your account when you change plans. Promotional add on bonuses usually acquired at activation have a possibility of being lost but have nearly always have remained on an account after a plan change so they are YMMV. However I can think of only one case nearly 3 years ago that a customer reported losing a promotional data add on. I have made plan changes on my accounts or one's I manage 11 times and have yet to lose a promotional add on bonus.

All of the add ons you have listed are safe and will not be lost upon a plan change but to be absolutely safe take a screenshot of your add ons page in case you do lose one that you shouldn't so you can get it added back to your account.

All of the above add-on packages that you've mentioend above will remain. They aren't affected by plan changes.

Need Help? Let's chat.