cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I use the app or web browser when signing up/activating for Public Mobile

Winterpeg0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Morning everyone: Just checking to see what access to use when signing up. I have registered with Public and have been verified, so should I use the app for activation/setup or the web browser? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Yes that’s a better way to say it Ty 

@Handy1 wrote:

@Winterpeg0  No the number you ported  into PM will automatically close the account assigned to that number with rogers 

The Rogers account would only get closed if it is the only phone number on that account. When porting out, the only thing that happens for sure if everything goes properly is the service on that phone number being cancelled at the old carrier.

@Winterpeg0  No the number you ported  into PM will automatically close the account assigned to that number with rogers 

Winterpeg0

Hi Everyone:

Did the transfer just about an hour ago, very smooth with the e-Sim in my Pixel 6A phone.

One question, do I have to contact Rogers to formally cancel the number that I transferred over? I still have one number in use with my account at Rogers and that is what shows up when I login to my Rogers account. The ported number is no longer there. ??

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Winterpeg0 

Recommended tapping the downward arrow , and unmark your own answer as the  solution. 

Grant it to @Handy1 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Winterpeg0 

once your account is established successfully, you can delete the app and just use laptop, if you chose. Make sure to write down all passwords and PIN numbers, for future reference.

Winterpeg0

Hi Handy1, thanks, that's what I thought as I am using the e-Sim option on my new Pixel 6a. Thanks

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Winterpeg0  Use the app from start to finish it’s need the app now anyways so best to just start there to activate 

Need Help? Let's chat.