cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancies in Usage History.

kiadraven
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Under 'Usage History' it shows Outgoing/Incoming SMS and phone calls. I have yet to text anyone using this phone number, yet there is an entire list of outgoing SMS from my number. Also, my phone is set to monitor data and I've only used 1.14MB, yet on here it shows 5.29MB used. Anyone know why there are discrepancies in the data used and why there are dozens of SMS coming from my newly activated SIM in which I have not used SMS yet?

Thanks!

EDIT: Found the SMS discrepancies, coming from Visual Voicemail, disabled it so should be fine now. As for the data, I'm not sure still.

6 REPLIES 6

kiadraven

Thank you! Checked this morning and it indeed does reflect the proper data usage now 🙂 And thanks for the clarification on possible data overage!

@kiadraven wrote:

Heya, the SMS issue has been fixed, it was Google, but the data seems to be rising on the website incrementally at random moments even when I turn my phones data off. Is the extra 5MB of data just a buffer on the website and will be removed? What if I go over the 250MB limit I have but it went over by this 'buffer data' and wasn't actually me, do I get charged extra in that case?

@kiadraven  - there will be no extra charges if you run out of data. All is prepaid here. So if you run out of data, it just stops working until your plan renews or you purchase a data addon.

The 5MB should go away yes. Check again in the morning, if toggling into airplane mode and out again, does not reset it.

kiadraven

Heya, the SMS issue has been fixed, it was Google, but the data seems to be rising on the website incrementally at random moments even when I turn my phones data off. Is the extra 5MB of data just a buffer on the website and will be removed? What if I go over the 250MB limit I have but it went over by this 'buffer data' and wasn't actually me, do I get charged extra in that case?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kiadraven the small extra data could be just PM buffer for the data.

for the outgoing sms , it could be Google or Apple sending to the server for authentication  of some kind

download the usage and you will see who the sms going to , show us what the number it is sending to

kiadraven

It's actually using my data, I only have 250MB, the phone is connected to WiFi right next to me, I'm not moving and my Public Mobile data is turned off yet my data usage is still rising, as of this reply my Data Usage in my Public Mobile account on this website has risen to 6.48MB used. I'm not using my phone and the data is turned off, WiFi is on, what do I do? My phone still says it has only used 1.14MB.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kiadraven glad you found the sms issue,as for the data that is just a buffer if you put phone in airplane mode for a few minutes then reboot your phone it would probably go away some people call it ghost data 

Need Help? Let's chat.