cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langley is ‘Vancouver’?

RossanaCogorno
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to change my phone number so that it can connect to my apartment’s intercom system.  It needs to be a local number, and as it stands, it is not.  I live in Langley and cannot find Langley in the drop down menu for selecting a new phone number.  Is Langley part of Vancouver?

14 REPLIES 14

604 doesn't mean it's always local.  Vanoucver is in the list. I would take a Vancouver number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RossanaCogorno 

Squamish is considered long distance. For Surrey I think you have to choose Whalley or Newton. Sechelt is considered local and has both 604 and 778 numbers to choose from....since you are changing phone numbers you may want to choose an alberta phone number and manually top up your account and save the 7% sales tax. You can choose your new local number afterwards since you can change phone numbers up to 4 times per 30 days.

Edit:

Freaking autocorrect is making me squeamish!!

RossanaCogorno

Surrey may work…yes, but I don’t recall seeing that in the drop down menu, either.  

RossanaCogorno

Yes, my number is 604 right now, but it still is considered long distance…

RossanaCogorno

Thank you!  I have checked this out!  Seems like Vancouver will work.  Just want to make sure since I have a Squamish number, and according to this site, it is considered local in Langley.  BUT when I tried connecting to my intercom, it is actually long distance and won’t connect.

RossanaCogorno

Yes, thank you!  It is a new building.  Everyone is connected to the intercom via cell phone!

RossanaCogorno

Thank you!  I am confirming this before changing my number!

We have friends with an older wireless phone hooked up with no number, but will open the door. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RossanaCogorno 

Maybe under Greater Vancouver. How about Surrey, BC (second largest city near City or Township of Langley)

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Want a 604 number that is local..... ask @darlicious  what rate Center to check. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Langley

Fort Langley

Township of Langley 

I am  in Maple Ridge but find my number  in the ancient Telco rate Center as Haney. 

Try this. https://localcallingguide.com/lca_listexch.php?ename=Langley&region=BC&npa=&lata=&lir=

21656078-E37B-43BE-8DA0-BF9B9473E6F1.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @RossanaCogorno   

Usually for intercom system, as long as the number does not incur long distance charge, it will consider as a local number and they can be programmed onto the system.  So, you can pick any number in Vancouver area

However, some intercom system does not work well with Mobile phone number.  It has to do with older system are more tied with landline.  If you have an older apartment, check with the superintendent and make sure it a mobile number can be used

Logan2021

I think it's considered part of Metro Vancouver

Need Help? Let's chat.