cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Virago2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I am away from the phone it takes ten rings before going to voicemail. Can this be changed to four?

4 REPLIES 4

Virago2000

Thanks for the reply. I got it and made the change after posting the message. Sent mine to 15 seconds. 

@Virago2000   yes, the number of rings you hear on the device and the ring other party hear actually not necessary the same., it's more a ring tone settings on your device

Virago2000

I may of gotten to work. Got a friend to call and she tells me that the phone rang 5 times, my phone rang 11 times. Problem is my phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Virago2000 

I think the maximum is only 6 rings.  Maybe you can tweak it a bit and see if it helps

hope this helps,   Credit goes to @geopublic : 

The number of rings is determined by the 'number of seconds to wait' before forwarding the call to your voicemail. Get your PM voicemail number from your Phone Dialer settings.

Dial this sequence: *61 *16475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait - choose from the following options:

1. For one ring, enter 5.
  2. For two rings, enter 10.
  3. For three rings, enter 15.
  4. For four rings, enter 20.
  5. For five rings, enter 25.
  6. For six rings, enter 30 (This is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

SAMPLE: *61*16475804001*11*20#[SEND or CALL] - sets your phone to ring four times (20 seconds) before going to your voicemail. Best to check mailbox.

Solved: Number of rings before voice mail? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.