cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect from Public mobile

Kuntal_parikh9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I disconnect my service with public mobile and port out my number?

8 REPLIES 8

@HALIMACS wrote:

Simple @Kuntal_parikh9 

1. Log on to your self-serve account and unclick the box that says enable auto pay
  2. Provide new provider the phone number and account number from public mobile
  3. Respond yes to the port authorization request text with the Public Mobile SIM card still in your phone
  4. Put your new provider SIM card in your device and all will be done.

Disable auto pay does NOT remove your credit card information. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Simple @Kuntal_parikh9 

1. Log on to your self-serve account and unclick the box that says enable auto pay
  2. Provide new provider the phone number and account number from public mobile
  3. Respond yes to the port authorization request text with the Public Mobile SIM card still in your phone
  4. Put your new provider SIM card in your device and all will be done.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Make sure your PM Account is active for a couple of days. 

Remove your auto set up or change to a prepaid Vanilla Card. 

Port your number to another carrier. 

Porting out will close Account. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kuntal_parikh9 @Once you port your number to new provider your public mobile account will be automatically canceled 

@Kuntal_parikh9 

You'll have 90 minutes to reply to the port request text. 

If you miss that deadline, your port will fail.

Kuntal_parikh9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How much time is required PC to send text from my new provider request?

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Kuntal_parikh9 

Just activate a a sim card and plan at your new provider and ask them to port in your PM phone number.

Your PM account will close automatically once you port out of PM.

Remember to disable auto pay before you port out.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kuntal_parikh9 

To port out, you start the process from your new provider

But first, make sure your PM account is currently active and you can receive text without problem.  Login to My Account and get the account number from Profile page

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profilehttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

While you are at My account, you might want to also disable Pre-Authorized payment just in case.  

Then activate your new line with your new provider and request to port a number. Provide them PM's account number as the porting information

this is critical:  Then still have your PM sim card in the phone, wait for PM to send you a text to confirm your porting request.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins

After you replied yes, you can put your new sim card in the phone and wait until you get incoming calls.  Once you are getting incoming calls, porting is completed.  Your PM account will also be closed at this stage (you will no longer be able to login to PM My Account after)

Need Help? Let's chat.