cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Saved Voice Messages

CrankyAvocado
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did Public Mobile reset its voicemail system? Every week, I've been saving a voicemail from my mom who passed a few months ago (I have a calendar reminder every week). It's worked for several months as the auto expiry is 10 days. I last saved the message seven days ago, but when I logged on tonight, it's gone. I'm heartbroken all over again. Is there anyway to get it back? I had previously tried to save it to my computer and forwarded it to another number, but it never worked with PM's system.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CrankyAvocado 💚

Now you really are a cranky avocado!!🥑😀 But really in life (and death) I've learned to take these things as a sign like your mom has said enough is enough if you're not going to erase the message than I am! And now there's nothing you can do about it! Time to move on! 

While having the message to listen to I'm sure gave you great comfort....it's also about keeping her memory alive and you can do that by telling stories about her.....the silly ones, funny ones, great ones, sweet ones and sometimes sad ones.

I am twice widowed and a few times I've had people comment or ask that don't you think you are putting your new partner in an awkward place by talking about your late husband? (And now a late partner as well.) I always answer no because sharing those stories keeps them alive and present and then we don't forget them and in my case it usually brings forth lots of laughter!

@CrankyAvocado wrote:

Thanks ComputerGeek. No. It just says no messages full stop. I’m hoping the admin can help, but fear it’s gone.

@CrankyAvocado   Unfortunately, if it is not on the VM there, then it is gone and PM support would not able to restore it

CrankyAvocado

Thanks ComputerGeek. No. It just says no messages full stop. I’m hoping the admin can help, but fear it’s gone.

CrankyAvocado

Thanks Hollister. Unfortunately, it’s still missing.

CrankyAvocado

I’m sorry Darlicious. I empathize. Even though it’s a small thing, it feels like losing a piece of her all over again. Thanks. I’ve tried to record the message before using screen record, but it never worked. Using an iPhone 8. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CrankyAvocado 

I'm sorry to hear this and I understand how you feel....I had saved my late partners voicemail greeting for years knowing he would get a laugh out of freaking people out who called his number after his passing and every once in awhile I liked to hear his voice. But when I moved  number to pm I realized to late that the voicemail prompts had deleted his greeting?! 

If you are able to recover the message try using the recorder app to make a copy of the message. What is the make and model of your phone? You may already have a native app on your phone that does the same thing?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CrankyAvocado 

Maybe check tomorrow. Self service is going through maintenance right now so maybe it is a maintenance issue. If still not there tomorrow contact an agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.

@CrankyAvocado wrote:

Did Public Mobile reset its voicemail system? Every week, I've been saving a voicemail from my mom who passed a few months ago (I have a calendar reminder every week). It's worked for several months as the auto expiry is 10 days. I last saved the message seven days ago, but when I logged on tonight, it's gone. I'm heartbroken all over again. Is there anyway to get it back? I had previously tried to save it to my computer and forwarded it to another number, but it never worked with PM's system.

Sorry to hear about this. When you call in to check the messages, is there are prompt to listen to recently deleted messages?  After someone uses the delete command, messages are moved to a sort of trash can for no longer wanted messages.  Unfortunately, if the messages aren't saved in the inbox and aren't in the recently deleted section, the messages aren't likely to be retrievable.

Need Help? Let's chat.