cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different email address registered

Sheryll29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, how can I retrieve the account for my son's number  using the phone number only? The agent said the phone was registered to an email address I don't recognize. Now, he said I can retrieve it using the phone number but still it will send the link to the email address I don't recognize and can't access. There are some overcharges from my credot card and I'm concern about this other email address registered on my son's acccount. Thanks for your help

16 REPLIES 16

So that's $15 and $30 in BC. The number on the account for those charges is apparently from BC. But to have that many charges then certainly not a mistaken charge from a text offer. Yikes. I think I would put my credit card on pause.

Start up a new conversation with them and ask to have your email address changed. They've apparently already verified who you are for the account so just repeat that again and maybe another agent can change the registered email address.

... is the system down?

Sheryll29

I will try to do this and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks! There are multiple charges of $16.80 in the same day and a $33.60 just this morning. So i don't know what are these charges are. But I will try to check. Thanks for your help

Sheryll29

Hi, yes I tried that and it have me an error that the email I entered is not existing. I registered all the emails way back 2021. It has been my son's email ever since. That was why I contacted them to check why we can't access my son's account. So he gave me the email address that I don't recognize that's why we can't access it. I tried sending the agent multiple messages from the private messaging link they gave me but he didn't answer me anymore when I asked how can we resolve this issue

Are you aware that the plans are 30 days which causes the renewal charges to move up the days of some months?

If you dial from your phone 1-855-4pu-blic and enter his number then you would get a date and a balance. That date is 30 days from the last renewal (sort of plus 1). Maybe that was this recent charge.

Sheryll29

He didn't receive any texts messages and it's just odd that the charges were in the break of dawn, we are still sleeping. That's why I seek help from the agent. Now I want to change his sim but my main concern is to deactivate my recurring payment on that account but unable to access that account

HI@Sheryll29 did you try Forgot email on the login page? It might send you an email to the email address registered

if not, you have to go back to the agent and ask them to help to change the email for you.  They will ask you questions to validate your identity.  Most questions are easy to answer

So then there's the other question. Did your son reply to a text from here inviting him to say yes to a data offer? That would then have charged the registered card (apparently yours) for the cost of the data.
I'm trying to figure out your credit card charge with you. Account access needs to go through the new system. You need to get the email address on the account changed by support. Then you can proceed to setting up the new login system.

Sheryll29

Yes they are but there are some charges in my credit card that we didn't purchase. That's why I asked for the agent's help but he just told me to which email our number is registered (not our email) but no solution how can I retrieve my account so I could change my credentials

It is troublesome. But they should be able to change it. Again, are the services working on the phone?

Sheryll29

No I was the one who registered it because they just sent the sim card to my mailing address so I was the one who set it up.

It sounds like you signed up in a store and the rep used a different email address. Who knows. So ask support to change it to a usable email address. They should be able to do that. Then you'll want to go through the new log in system to get in to the account.

@Sheryll29  Then try it see if it works . You can always change it later in my account . Just long as you can log k to the account charge the email to a different if you like 

Sheryll29

The agent gave me an email address and said it is the email address linked to my son's account. The problem is, we don't recognize that email and I think it belongs to someone else. The number has been with us since 2021 and we didn't encounter any problem until they changed their website. Now we can't access that account. It's sending the.link to the email which doesn't belongs to us

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are his services working normally? Did he reply to a text to get more data?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sheryll29  Yes each phone line needs it own email . Have code sent to his phone and check in profile tab if my account what the email is and change it you like . Or hit forgot email option and check all email accounts you have used in the past for email from PM with code in it to verify 

Need Help? Let's chat.